Amiga UAE4ALL multirelease - DCMC

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

FlorreW
Animated Violence
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 sometimes

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL multirelease - DCMC

Post by FlorreW »

OriginalName wrote:Thank you so much, Ian. I've just downloaded that image and everything's working great! I've been meaning to become a patron of yours forever. I'm gearing up for a big move, but once everything has settled and my financial situation restabilizes I'll definitely sign up.

Okay, so it seems like I was having fits with Agony because Agony itself isn't quite there yet, going by the fact that it's not the release you linked me. Fair enough -- I thought the problem was something that I was doing wrong. Still tons and tons and tons of fun to be had with the games that are working without significant issue.

Thank you again!
Great to see that the Amiga emulator gets some love now and then !

Have fun and dont forget to play moonstone and Super Cars 2

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

What are the differences with this release and @Ian one please ?

There is a french game called la geste d'artillac, is it available on amiga ?

kremiso
Rank 9

Post by kremiso »

FlorreW wrote:
OriginalName wrote:Thank you so much, Ian. I've just downloaded that image and everything's working great! I've been meaning to become a patron of yours forever. I'm gearing up for a big move, but once everything has settled and my financial situation restabilizes I'll definitely sign up.

Okay, so it seems like I was having fits with Agony because Agony itself isn't quite there yet, going by the fact that it's not the release you linked me. Fair enough -- I thought the problem was something that I was doing wrong. Still tons and tons and tons of fun to be had with the games that are working without significant issue.

Thank you again!
Great to see that the Amiga emulator gets some love now and then !

Have fun and dont forget to play moonstone and Super Cars 2
i play it randomly very often too :)
FlorreW, apart the already know picky titles, do you know some other games that need to be 'fixed' for the 2.0 kickstart ?
i'm asking, because i can do some new tries atm

kremiso
Rank 9

Post by kremiso »

fafadou wrote:What are the differences with this release and @Ian one please ?

this is built with the original Chui releases rc1 and rc3, plus the early Ian builds, 1.1 and 3.1;
i see this as a starting set, with many old Amiga games, just to keep legacy ;)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

kremiso wrote:

this is built with the original Chui releases rc1 and rc3, plus the early Ian builds, 1.1 and 3.1;
Problem with chui early release is he has the disk speed wrong and the screen rendering size not correct i fixed this later
So the older releases are redundent at this point last version i did your talking about 10 to 20% speed change on real hardware and way higher amount of games that fully work

old releases work fine on dc emulators but the mouse speed and other things are broken on hardware i fixed all that nothing or any need to use the 12 year old releases any more at all

Og releases are only 16khz mono sound all of them i fixed this with 44khz stereo sound..
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post by kremiso »

Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:

Problem with chui early release is he has the disk speed wrong and the screen rendering size not correct i fixed this later
So the older releases are redundent at this point last version i did your talking about 10 to 20% speed change on real hardware and way higher amount of games that fully work

old releases work fine on dc emulators but the mouse speed and other things are broken on hardware i fixed all that nothing or any need to use the 12 year old releases any more at all
hey Ian, this is not a new release, it was already here ;)

i know what you mean about the old Chui (and yourself modified early builds) releases
atm i am using all of them, until your latest one 3.5, on real hardware

i must be honest btw, each release gain/loose some games in compatibility, imo some old ones need to keep preserved
expecially for an old nostalgic like me :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
kremiso wrote:

hey Ian, this is not a new release, it was already here ;)

i know what you mean about the old Chui (and yourself modified early builds) releases
atm i am using all of them, until your latest one 3.5, on real hardware

i must be honest btw, each release gain/loose some games in compatibility, imo some old ones need to keep preserved
expecially for an old nostalgic like me :)
Problem there is all the old releases use 16khz mono sound and not stereo 44khz and screen is cut off on the left side on hardware and the bottom of the screen mouse rendering is a major problem on all old releases

I can target any game to work like bleemcast over all emulator will never work this src was broken on pc this not proper uae but old hack fork

disk loading speed is 30% spec wrong which breaks protection on many games i tested on both only 200 games really work on hardware this is they may work on nulldc or some emulator but they dont on dreamcast hardware.

last version i updated the disk loading and protection that's why new games work

Why the collection had custom builds targeted to lots of games i would not advise a new user to get old crustu release as there going to be very un happy with the sound and screen postion on real dreamcast

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Ian Micheal wrote:
OriginalName wrote:Incredible work on this. I'm really excited about playing some of these games! I know it must be frustrating to put so much work into making something so robust and sophisticated only to get a hundred questions about the most basic things, but unfortunately I'm a little out of my element when it comes to the Amiga. I can't seem to get "Agony" running. Could someone patiently walk me through how to get passed the "Two Live Crew" screen and into the game itself?

I assume it has to do with mounting and booting the disks in a particular sequence, but I just haven't figured it out yet.

Sorry for my ignorance! I've never spent much time with any floppy-based computers, so I'm struggling here.
Your going to need the 3 months past i did on the emulators with 2mb exp more speed better sound faster loading

Code: Select all

- 192 games included , most of the classics
- All games working , tested on real hardware
- All games are in a playable/enjoyable state with the emulators
- 28 Manuals , Mega lo mania , Eye of the beholder , Red Storm rising etc
- 10 Classic Amiga tunes (Mp3)
- Savedisks to most of the games so you can save your progress
- 2 video clips
- A gamelist included on the image
- Faq for the emulator included
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ftm6i8 ... hAu4o/view

Every game works on this collection it was 3 months of work me on the coding side FlorreW on the art and testing there is custom versions for games that cant be loaded on any other version ..

this is dreamcast hardware tested only games that work at 90% speed and above and dont crash are included ..

Not to take away from my freind krem as this was what inspired this 3 months of hardwork in the first place..

https://discord.gg/yqXtpaK2 discord offical with all info how to load games how to make every thing work is here..
Did you ever really try this release it's close to retail product not sure version of the ones you have there of mine custom are about 30 builds behind what is in these
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post by kremiso »

Ian Micheal wrote:Problem there is all the old releases use 16khz mono sound and not stereo 44khz and screen is cut off on the left side on hardware and the bottom of the screen mouse rendering is a major problem on all old releases

I can target any game to work like bleemcast over all emulator will never work this src was broken on pc this not proper uae but old hack fork
you know that i'm playing Hucast also, so you already know that my head can go over glicht monsters :lol:

i have some ideas too about the Amiga non working games, i'll try something asap