stop this console speculation and go on sonic's future a bit

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Poll: Will sonic be getting better, mediocre, or worse in the future?

Better of course! colors and generations prove it!
44%
Mediocre. These games were just a coincidence.
No votes
Worse! sonic is dead to me!
28%
Not sure
28%

Total votes: 18

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Re: stop this console speculation and go on sonic's future a

Post by craziestrufis »

MrSega wrote:
Mephiles550 wrote:Gamespot's pretty harsh on there reviews. I predict inbetween 7.5-8.5.
Gamespot is payola of game reviews. It all depends on how much the publisher is paying GS to promote thier title. GS also alawys exploits the general malaise of fan bias and always gives immensely popluar titles high scores regaurdless of them being terrible. i.e., Hey,you Pikachu!

I rarely trust thier reviews.
i just wont to tell every 1 my mom past to day at 12:00pm thank u all for your prayers :( rip mom i love u

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Post by Mephiles550 »

Really sorry about your mom. may she RIP.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post by craziestrufis »

Mephiles550 wrote:Really sorry about your mom. may she RIP.
thank u :(

CruSega
Doom

Post by CruSega »

craziestrufis wrote:
MrSega wrote:
Mephiles550 wrote:Gamespot's pretty harsh on there reviews. I predict inbetween 7.5-8.5.
Gamespot is payola of game reviews. It all depends on how much the publisher is paying GS to promote thier title. GS also alawys exploits the general malaise of fan bias and always gives immensely popluar titles high scores regaurdless of them being terrible. i.e., Hey,you Pikachu!

I rarely trust thier reviews.
i just wont to tell every 1 my mom past to day at 12:00pm thank u all for your prayers :( rip mom i love u
Sad to hear. Always tough to lose a loved one.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

craziestrufis wrote:
Mephiles550 wrote:Really sorry about your mom. may she RIP.
thank u :(
I'm truly sorry to hear that your mother didn't make it. My sincere condolences.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

sonic generations is the best sonic game since sonic adventure 2 of the dreamcast era. they actually put alot effort in this game.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

CruSega
Doom

Post by CruSega »

According to vgchartz:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88356/a ... charted-3/

Games in final week before launch

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (PS3) is the top game in its final week before launch. The game reached number eight as it added 82,000 pre-orders for a grand total of 437,000. Expect first week sales in the Americas to be in the 600,000 to 800,000 unit range. This is a lot more than Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3) which only had 189,000 pre-orders and sold 417,000 in its first week in the Americas.

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (X360) is at number 23 as it adds 18,000 pre-orders for a final total of 93,000. Expect first week sales in the Americas to be in the 150,000 to 200,000 unit range. The PlayStation 3 version is at number 35 as it adds 13,000 pre-orders for a total of 61,000. Expect first week sales in the Americas to be in the 80,000 to 120,000 unit range.

Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns (3DS) is at number 30 as it adds 11,000 pre-orders for a total of 73,000. Expect first week sales in the Americas to be in the 120,000 to 140,000 unit range.

Sonic Generations (X360) is at number 31 as it adds 17,000 pre-orders for a total of 73,000. Expect first week sales in the Americas to be in the 120,000 to 140,000 unit range. The PlayStation 3 version is at number 41 as it adds 12,000 pre-orders for a total of 55,000. Expect first week sales in the Americas to be in the 80,000 to 100,000 unit range.

Fate/Extra (PSP) is at number 37 as it adds 17,000 pre-orders for a total of 59,000. Expect first week sales in the Americas to be in the 90,000 to 110,000 unit range.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

Looks like the 1st reviews are coming out for Sonic Generations, these from from the UK based C&VG and EuroGamer sites:

Computer and Video Games awards it 7.5 out of 10

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32 ... ns-review/

Eurogamer.net awards it 7 out of 10

Quote:

"Sonic Generations still doesn't do much to dissuade us that the hedgehog's best days are distant memories, but at least it is a worthy tribute to them, capturing the subtler elements of the original Hedgehog's enduring appeal although still falling foul of some of his weaknesses. And looking ahead, it also suggests that the next 20 years - for Sega will surely continue to pump out Sonic games until its dying breath - at least hold the promise of many more enjoyable birthdays to come."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... iew-review

:|

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

GameTrailer's amazing review of Sonic Generations and the POSITIVE "Go SEGA!" comments under it:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... ons/723399

Wow, SEGA even got the Nintendo fan site GT behind them! :o

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Post by Mephiles550 »

stu wrote:Looks like the 1st reviews are coming out for Sonic Generations, these from from the UK based C&VG and EuroGamer sites:

Computer and Video Games awards it 7.5 out of 10

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32 ... ns-review/

Eurogamer.net awards it 7 out of 10

Quote:

"Sonic Generations still doesn't do much to dissuade us that the hedgehog's best days are distant memories, but at least it is a worthy tribute to them, capturing the subtler elements of the original Hedgehog's enduring appeal although still falling foul of some of his weaknesses. And looking ahead, it also suggests that the next 20 years - for Sega will surely continue to pump out Sonic games until its dying breath - at least hold the promise of many more enjoyable birthdays to come."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... iew-review

:|
Most reviews are Eights.
2 Of them were 9's.
Current meta critic score is 78.