Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Re: Shenmue Passport Is Back Online!!

Post by Xiden »

OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Unfortunately, I did try that already--it was working two weeks ago before I flashed the memory for a PSO serial, and since then it's been giving me this problem. I flashed it since as per this threads instructions and after setting up isp through planetweb 2 I went straight to shenmue passport, with the same result
Are you using a cdi rip of the game? Also could you try uisng XDP browser to setup instead of planet web?
Sorry to be clear I did use XDP custom planetweb, and I'm running the game off an actual GD--nothing changed other than me flashing the memory (and setting the isp settings back up the same way) since when it was last working for me ten days ago so idk! It wouldn't work with a new save on a new vmu either, before or after reflashing it again
When you dial out, have you noticed if one of the dreampi modem lights goes out temporarily? If that doesn't happen then we know for sure then we can at least isolate it to a dreamcast issue

OpossumQueen
shadow

Post by OpossumQueen »

Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Are you using a cdi rip of the game? Also could you try uisng XDP browser to setup instead of planet web?
Sorry to be clear I did use XDP custom planetweb, and I'm running the game off an actual GD--nothing changed other than me flashing the memory (and setting the isp settings back up the same way) since when it was last working for me ten days ago so idk! It wouldn't work with a new save on a new vmu either, before or after reflashing it again
When you dial out, have you noticed if one of the dreampi modem lights goes out temporarily? If that doesn't happen then we know for sure then we can at least isolate it to a dreamcast issue
Just tested and both moden lights do indeed stay solid the whole time, which seems to confirm my suspicion that the dreamcast isn't even attempting to dial. I'll flash it again in a bit if there's no other ideas anyone has hah maybe third time's the charm? There's gotta be something actually causing this though, it's so strange especially when all other online games work and Passport was working a week n a half ago

Xiden
Developer

Post by Xiden »

OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Just tested and both moden lights do indeed stay solid the whole time, which seems to confirm my suspicion that the dreamcast isn't even attempting to dial. I'll flash it again in a bit if there's no other ideas anyone has hah maybe third time's the charm? There's gotta be something actually causing this though, it's so strange especially when all other online games work and Passport was working a week n a half ago
If it doesn't work this time, do you mind sharing browser setup screens? Wondering if its a modem init thing. Do you have a gdemu?

OpossumQueen
shadow

Post by OpossumQueen »

Xiden wrote:
If it doesn't work this time, do you mind sharing browser setup screens? Wondering if its a modem init thing. Do you have a gdemu?
No gdemu, I'm running it off an official disc--just reflashed, set settings in XDP how they have always been, went straight to the passport after loading a website successfully, but no luck! Good idea though, here are some screens, the only thing I didn't take a screenshot of is the proxy settings cuz I'm not using a proxy :)
Attachments
20230816_114812.jpg
20230816_114758.jpg

Xiden
Developer

Post by Xiden »

OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
No gdemu, I'm running it off an official disc--just reflashed, set settings in XDP how they have always been, went straight to the passport after loading a website successfully, but no luck! Good idea though, here are some screens, the only thing I didn't take a screenshot of is the proxy settings cuz I'm not using a proxy :)
Remove long distance call prefix, DNS1 and DNS2 set to 0.0.0.0 and try that

OpossumQueen
shadow

Post by OpossumQueen »

Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
No luck, it still kicks back that same error message after maybe half a second of saying it's 'dialing'. The long distance prefix was a fix I hadn't thought of yet so I was hopeful hah. Also tried it with blind dial turned on but that produced the same issue as well

Xiden
Developer

Post by Xiden »

OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
No luck, it still kicks back that same error message after maybe half a second of saying it's 'dialing'. The long distance prefix was a fix I hadn't thought of yet so I was hopeful hah. Also tried it with blind dial turned on but that produced the same issue as well
Can you upload your shenmue save for me to test? Goto this site with your dreamcast webbrowser
http://katana.cyou/uploader.php

Xiden
Developer

Post by Xiden »

OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Also heres what my settings look like if you want to compare
20230816_212505.jpg
20230816_212443.jpg

OpossumQueen
shadow

Post by OpossumQueen »

Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Can you upload your shenmue save for me to test? Goto this site with your dreamcast webbrowser
Thanks for the settings pics, those are helpful! Unfortunately, after a fresh flash and copying your settings exactly (aside from the 'real name') it's still doing the same thing--half a second of dialing, then 'could not connect to the access point. your line may be jammed, engaged, or your telephone line may be disconnected.' I uploaded the SHENMU_1.VMS to that link, I'm not sure if it'll really help since the issue persisted even on a fresh save, but I'm curious if you do find anything! Thanks so much for all the assistance, either way.

Xiden
Developer

Post by Xiden »

OpossumQueen wrote:
Xiden wrote:
OpossumQueen wrote:
Thanks for the settings pics, those are helpful! Unfortunately, after a fresh flash and copying your settings exactly (aside from the 'real name') it's still doing the same thing--half a second of dialing, then 'could not connect to the access point. your line may be jammed, engaged, or your telephone line may be disconnected.' I uploaded the SHENMU_1.VMS to that link, I'm not sure if it'll really help since the issue persisted even on a fresh save, but I'm curious if you do find anything! Thanks so much for all the assistance, either way.
So instead of using XDP browser can you use the offical dreamcast planetweb 2.0 disc to setup after flashing (sorry to ask)