Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.
Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DanRedfield
shadow

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post by DanRedfield »

Sorry about the lack of updates folks. My son recently turned 6 months old and takes up most of my time now, so we're probably looking at sometime in December for kicking off the beta test.

Anyway, here's a quick clip of pre-Beta footage to show how things are progressing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUoGpO-q4tY
[youtubenew]JUoGpO-q4tY[/youtubenew]

FlorreW
Animated Violence
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 sometimes

Post by FlorreW »

DanRedfield wrote:Sorry about the lack of updates folks. My son recently turned 6 months old and takes up most of my time now, so we're probably looking at sometime in December for kicking off the beta test.

Anyway, here's a quick clip of pre-Beta footage to show how things are progressing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUoGpO-q4tY
[youtubenew]JUoGpO-q4tY[/youtubenew]
No need to apoligize , take care of and enjoy the time with your Son.

I am sure i speak for all of us when i say that we are happy for what you are doing no matter how long it takes. Irl > Gaming.

It looks great btw and its gonna be a blast to play through when ( if ;D ) it is done.

DanRedfield
shadow

Post by DanRedfield »

Hi all. I really wanted to have a full beta ready to go for today, but the older my son gets, the less time I have to do Dreamcast stuff.
So this is the best I could do in time. It mostly works, but your mileage may vary.

Merry Christmas all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sFOKhu ... cxUAX/view

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post by dubcity »

DanRedfield wrote:Hi all. I really wanted to have a full beta ready to go for today, but the older my son gets, the less time I have to do Dreamcast stuff.
So this is the best I could do in time. It mostly works, but your mileage may vary.

Merry Christmas all

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sFOKhu ... cxUAX/view
Nice! Thank Dan.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 arena

Post by Ro Magnus Larsson »

This is definively not for little kids! (M+)
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

DanRedfield
shadow

Post by DanRedfield »

Here's a new preview build if people want to give it a go. Still not a full beta release just yet, but I've been doing a lot of optimising over the last few weeks - Up to double the framerate of the last build in some scenes, and slowdown has also been reduced by a lot;

Dreamcast Postal BETA preview 2
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:This is definively not for little kids! (M+)
Yeah, definitely not for kids. Though there is a warning splash screen during the intro sequence.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

Super! n sorry RWS not even recognize they wish has been granted

Fucks

DanRedfield
shadow

Post by DanRedfield »

mistamontiel wrote:Super! n sorry RWS not even recognize they wish has been granted
I'm starting to wonder whether it was a social media campaign which I took a bit too seriously :?

They definitely know it exists - They speak about the possibility of a physical release of it in their 50th podcast from a couple of weeks back - But aside from the occasional twitter like, there's not really been anything from that end at all, which is pretty disheartening to be honest.

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

DanRedfield wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:Super! n sorry RWS not even recognize they wish has been granted
I'm starting to wonder whether it was a social media campaign which I took a bit too seriously :?

They definitely know it exists - They speak about the possibility of a physical release of it in their 50th podcast from a couple of weeks back - But aside from the occasional twitter like, there's not really been anything from that end at all, which is pretty disheartening to be honest.
The Dreamcast community appreciates your work :)

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 arena

Post by Ro Magnus Larsson »

DanRedfield wrote:Here's a new preview build if people want to give it a go. Still not a full beta release just yet, but I've been doing a lot of optimising over the last few weeks - Up to double the framerate of the last build in some scenes, and slowdown has also been reduced by a lot;

Dreamcast Postal BETA preview 2
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:This is definively not for little kids! (M+)
Yeah, definitely not for kids. Though there is a warning splash screen during the intro sequence.
Thank you. In my case i will convert it to ISO file to play it in Dreamshell HDD and test it
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-