Aleron Ives!!! :) PAL PSO v2 selfboot

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
BlutenLeise
rebel

Re: Aleron Ives!!! :) PAL PSO v2 selfboot

Post by BlutenLeise »

The link Kireek posted is old, the to-be-released version is sorted in a better way. For those who downloaded it from Kireek's link, you can keep it but please don't distribute. The better one will be released really SOON, and it'll be better. Be sure to get the REAL one instead of the TEST one.

Respect this and I might prepare a surprise for DC-Talk!

BlutenLeise

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

For now i will use the test one, my internet trafic is limited, i'm very happy with the version i got to test, if the last version is a bit faster then it won't bother me i guess. :D

But ppl, if the 2nd version was good then this new one will be for sure be even better, thanks BlutenLeise and all who participated in this for all the hard work.

BlutenLeise
rebel

Post by BlutenLeise »

Released!

Thanks to LingXioayu for the OFFLINE quest fix: Burn as slow as possible (1x or 2x).
I've not tested, HE did.

Underground-Gamer:
http://www.underground-gamer.com/details.php?id=33517

You can signup, but don't forget to seed.

Usenet:
http://www.newzleech.com/?p=8140570

NFO:
http://www.newzleech.com/nfo.php?id=531623

BlutenLeise

Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: BBA Games

Post by Impulse »

BlutenLeise, thank you very much for posting the new release! I am downloading the torrent right now. If you don't mind when it finishes, if ever, may I host it at this site for faster download?
-Impulse

BlutenLeise
rebel

Post by BlutenLeise »

It's ok as long as you host the original rars and NFO.

Enjoy!

BL

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

thanks BlutenLeise

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, AFO, PBA, 4x4 Evo, IGP, Planet Ring and Max Pool

Post by Bob Dobbs »

BlutenLeise, your most recent ISO is a fine addition to the PSO legacy but I'd like to know why the exe is so large and is it really free of the fsod? I had a fsod death once already, can anyone elaborate, please? I am referring to the new fastload version.

Kireek, why are you always flaming Ives. Schthack group did rip it first, but at least they waited to work out as much as possible than to just "release it". Ives's version is the fastest loading version than other ISO's I've tested. Did you make the Russian ISO's, Kireek? If so, nice job, but if not, don't trash other people's hard work because at least Echelon, the Russians and Schthack have done it for all players, why flame them?

Thank you very much for your efforts (in alpha order):
Echelon, Russia & Schthack Team
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

BlutenLeise
rebel

Post by BlutenLeise »

Just to clear something out, it's not a russian group, I dunno who labelled it first as Russian, but we're from north america, espana, portugal, russia, it's an international collaboration :P

The exe is big because it has been unpacked to access the server adress. And it's re-encrupted according to the washi.sea file.

I can't tell it's free of the FSOD since I can't test it myself, that's the biggest problem here, I can't personnally test my stuff on that game. It should be better to backup your saves before playing any pirated version of PSO though.

Even if I agree Kireek has been rude with Ives, I can't say Ives wasn't rude with our release at first. He was really arrogant and pissed off. The reason our 1st release wasn't fastboot is simple, the people making it weren't PSO players, only DC hackers. We didn,t even knew what FSOD or BSOD standed for before the release, nor we knew about problem with the ech's release.

Anyway I hope you'll like the 2de version better, and don't tell Shthack's ripped it first, we had a working copy since october 25th with autoconnect to schthack servers and pal60fix.

PS: I'll prepare a lil' surprise for the dc-talk pso players soon !

BL

Lee

Post by Lee »

Anyway I hope you'll like the 2de version better, and don't tell Shthack's ripped it first, we had a working copy since october 25th with autoconnect to schthack servers and pal60fix.
Pal v2 has always worked in 2 refresh rates 50 and 60 hz switch screen > what did you exactly fix that was never broken?

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Bob Dobbs wrote:BlutenLeise, your most recent ISO is a fine addition to the PSO legacy but I'd like to know why the exe is so large and is it really free of the fsod?
Nope, but it seems that depending on the program and recording spped different results may apear.
i tested with alcohol at full speed so fsod still happens in quests, but online works greatly.
Bob Dobbs wrote:Kireek, why are you always flaming Ives.
I'm not exactly flaming him, there was some sort of competition with ives constantly saying that the version toked a humongus amount of time in loadings, with the fastload version his comments became invalid, for him and for those who want his version thenit is worth it, but for those who want to play online then his version won't do much, it's like releasing 2 games for the same purpose and last i heard they started this project before ives tought about it, it was a coicidence that both "teams" were doing it at the same time, but one team already presented the results.
Bob Dobbs wrote:Schthack group did rip it first, but at least they waited to work out as much as possible than to just "release it". Ives's version is the fastest loading version than other ISO's I've tested.
Maybe, but how fast was it? i compared the game i tested with Echelon version and it wasn't much faster in the majority of the loadings, it was indeed faster, but not by much, it was like 1 second on the small loadings and maybe 2 or 3 seconds in the longer ones, however char loading from the vmu was alot faster, 8 seconds faster.
Bob Dobbs wrote:Did you make the Russian ISO's, Kireek?
LOL, no, i just tested what they asked me to test.

Bob Dobbs wrote:If so, nice job, but if not, don't trash other people's hard work because
Ok, maybe i went a bit to far, but my point remains, ives will lauch his version however some ppl won't bother to download it because they have already a working one already.