RENT-A-HERO No.1 - ENG

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Re: RENT-A-HERO No.1 - Translation! [Released!]

Post by segata sanshiro »

pcwzrd13 wrote:I can confirm what Dirge Of Ram said. The game unfortunately doesn't work with DreamShell (SD or IDE mod). It's not specific to the translated version though. The same issue with not being able to go upstairs occurs on any version of the game. Hilariously if you load a save file where you're already upstairs, it will put you downstairs with the camera upstairs. lol

I've let SWAT know about this so maybe he can look into it and get it working with the new 0.8 loader.
The first couple of times i tried, the same happened to me, once on my first going upstairs, the other time on the second... that gave me the chance to save and retry from there, the interesting thing is that it never happened again, I'm 4 hours into the game with no more problems. On the other hand the same happened to me on the second level of Draconus where the level just didn't stream anymore.

So, RAH1 is playable on SD card, try again a couple of times. I'm playing on DreamShell SD.

Dirge Of Ram
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: No GGPO Fightcade For Me.

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

That device has been such a great staple. Too be fair haven't upgraded to any new Retrodream builds since 2020 one. Just Happy to play my DoA mods even not at full speed still can play way.

This game was meant to be played on a real Dreamcast using a real Dreamcast controller afterall. Don't go out your way making new VMU animated screens just for them to be displayed on a emulator screen! Lost the Trophy, here's to next time.

Retro-45
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Trying them all

Post by Retro-45 »

Nice transition so far but this game is weird but fun in that odd sega way.
Bender: Behold: The Internet!
Fry: My God! It's full of ads!

https://one-eyed-nerd.blogspot.com/

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

Manual with so-so English translation provided by Google Image Translation. The manual is just as goofy as the game. :lol:

https://www.mediafire.com/file_premium/ ... n.zip/file

My favorite translation so far from page 2:
"This disc is for Dreamcast only. Never use with an audio CD player, as it may damage the mushrooms due to high volume." :lol:
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sat May 06, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

Doesn't yandex edge out Google a bit more? There too I've been able to paste and reads

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Got it working with DreamShell! You need to change the boot method to "IP.BIN". After that it works perfectly fine with all the default settings on any loader! :-)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

RoMagnusLarsson
dark night
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO
Unreal Tournament

Post by RoMagnusLarsson »

Excellent work VincentNL ! It would be nice to have the GDI/CDI already patched , congratulations

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

I played RAH, and whaouh what a work, vmu animation are great, translation is optimum, and finally 16/9 patch is perfect.
This release is a pure delight.

Dirge Of Ram
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: No GGPO Fightcade For Me.

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

Thanks pcwzrd13, got up the staircase to completing the Flyers handout. I have to point out to set the loader onto Auto to get the ip.bin to work for me. Never know to mess with that top option oh well Great Fun.

VincentNL
blackout!

Post by VincentNL »

pcwzrd13 wrote:Added to the first post, thank you for reporting!
Last edited by VincentNL on Sun May 07, 2023 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you like my work or just want to show some love:
https://ko-fi.com/vincentnl
https://www.patreon.com/VincentNL