Reporting bugs with the PSO server

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
Favrenation
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2, Quake 3 Arena, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool

Re: Reporting bugs with the PSO server

Post by Favrenation »

Blue crab I would be willing to help test some things out. I have PC over wifi so if anything will fsod mine will lol.
PS2 Online Gaming

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Schthack had the issue, but it was more related to cd-r disks then anything else, they even fsod offline in some quests so it's no suprise that pc users may fsod users usind these disks (like the autoconnect one), with sylvarant it may not always happen, but figuring out when it does is the key.

If we assume the software has nothing to do with it then the problem are the disks, if we assume the disks work fine then the problem is somewhere in the server software.

I recomend ppl stating wich version of the game they are playing (pc, original ver.2, cd-r ver.2) and wich versions were FSODed when you entered the game.

Favrenation
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2, Quake 3 Arena, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool

Post by Favrenation »

I have entered a game a few times and left a game a few times and kicked people. They all had Dreamcast and I was the only one on PC. One had BBA the other used PC-DC server linux.
PS2 Online Gaming

Radkin
PSOaholic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Q3A, 4x4 & Maximum Pool

Post by Radkin »

Okay, Cathy, Macabre and I have concluded that the Mop Up #2 quest does not work. I did #3 with Dobbs today and it kept kicking him out. Dobbs is a PC player. It kicked him out in the same spot both times.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Made ultimate game, aplied the /legit command, command input is confirmed.
Entered with a 2nd char (with hacked stuff), the game didn't do anything to prevent me from entering, my char was acepted.
Decided to do /normal (input acepted) and then retype the /legit, intead of confirmation i got the message "team legit check failed"

Once my haxed char is out of the game, legit command can be inputed again.

Entering with a regular char however, doesn't affect anything, i can put /legit that the command is acepted
So my haxed char did something, maybe the command did detect hacks, but didn't do anything about them and it also prevented the command from working
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: BBA Games

Post by Impulse »

Radkin wrote:Okay, Cathy, Macabre and I have concluded that the Mop Up #2 quest does not work. I did #3 with Dobbs today and it kept kicking him out. Dobbs is a PC player. It kicked him out in the same spot both times.
The quests not working has something to do with the files I used from fuzziqer or that I don't have them configured properly.

I also noticed that TTF will not show up for Dc v2 but it will for pc. And if pc is team leader and a dc v2 is in the game the pc player can choose the quests and have it load properly for both versions.

PS
We are running r160 now.
-Impulse

BlueCrab
Developer

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Made ultimate game, aplied the /legit command, command input is confirmed.
Entered with a 2nd char (with hacked stuff), the game didn't do anything to prevent me from entering, my char was acepted.
Decided to do /normal (input acepted) and then retype the /legit, intead of confirmation i got the message "team legit check failed"

Once my haxed char is out of the game, legit command can be inputed again.

Entering with a regular char however, doesn't affect anything, i can put /legit that the command is acepted
So my haxed char did something, maybe the command did detect hacks, but didn't do anything about them and it also prevented the command from working
So, it sounds like for some reason its not actually checking on entry into the game. I'll take a look at it.

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Post by Dr. Pariolo »

BlueCrab wrote:So, it sounds like for some reason its not actually checking on entry into the game. I'll take a look at it.
If you dont mind me saying, i think fsod is a top priority, way before the legit command. FSOD stops people from playing, not hackers. We are so few players here that theres almost no one that actually knows how to hack.

Thank you.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post by BlueCrab »

Impulse wrote:
Radkin wrote:Okay, Cathy, Macabre and I have concluded that the Mop Up #2 quest does not work. I did #3 with Dobbs today and it kept kicking him out. Dobbs is a PC player. It kicked him out in the same spot both times.
The quests not working has something to do with the files I used from fuzziqer or that I don't have them configured properly.

I also noticed that TTF will not show up for Dc v2 but it will for pc. And if pc is team leader and a dc v2 is in the game the pc player can choose the quests and have it load properly for both versions.

PS
We are running r160 now.
If the game is not set to v2 only, you won't have any v2-only quests at the guild counter. That's the only thing I could think of that would cause you not to see TTF with a DCv2 player as leader (I know it at least used to show up just fine on my server with DCv2 (I haven't looked recently)).

BlueCrab
Developer

Post by BlueCrab »

Dr. Pariolo wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:So, it sounds like for some reason its not actually checking on entry into the game. I'll take a look at it.
If you dont mind me saying, i think fsod is a top priority, way before the legit command. FSOD stops people from playing, not hackers. We are so few players here that theres almost no one that actually knows how to hack.

Thank you.
The problem is, I haven't been able to reproduce any FSOD bugs on my server. I can't really try to fix what I can't reproduce (I tried for like 2 hours to make a FSOD happen, but didn't manage to have even one occur). :?

Maybe if we're lucky, one of the fixes that I applied today will fix that too, but I honestly have no idea.