What games would be a good fit to be ported to DC?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.
TheWhiteDevil27
undertow

Re: What games would be a good fit to be ported to DC?

Post by TheWhiteDevil27 »

Gundam Battle Assault 2 (A Dreamcast port of the first one exists [using Bleemcast] but not the second one)
Melty Blood Actress Again
Puyo Puyo Fever 2
any of the Arcana Heart games
Scott Pilgrim VS. The World: The Game

bjankins1
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: i dont have my internet hooked up yet

hopefully some day we can easily connect with ethernet

Post by bjankins1 »

Turok 1 and 2, someone should contact nightdive studios and see if a port could be possible to DC, also speaking of that, I just found out system shock 2 was planned to come out on Dreamcast

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post by Anthony817 »

Fun Fact, Stephen Kick the founder of Nightdive contacted me a few years ago for help locating the source for System Shock 2 that had been released in 2010. He saw how prevalent I was in the community cause he kept seeing my name on different forums. I managed to find it after a lot of searching and finally got it to him. As a way of thanking me he allowed me to pick any 1 game out of their library on Steam. I naturally choose Turok. So it was a small part to play but that source allowed them to fully update SS2 and release updates for it. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to track down that source lol. By the time he asked me it had nearly been completely lost on the net. Luckily 1 super hidden link still had it.

He was a very cool guy to speak with, and who knows maybe we can convince them to do some limited runs of their ported classic remasters on Dreamcast? I would love to see lots of their projects on it. Especially Forsaken!

bjankins1
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: i dont have my internet hooked up yet

hopefully some day we can easily connect with ethernet

Post by bjankins1 »

That is so awesome man, I haven't played forsaken since I was a kid

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 arena

Post by Ro Magnus Larsson »

I think Windows games from about 1995-98 would be good, also SOR Remake is a precious piece of art even better than the new SOR 4,.
And the one that every gamer would die for, Killer Instinct arcade version moved by Ultra64. I was searching the specs of the processor it uses, the emulator made for PC and all indicates that if Nintendo is hacked again with the source code it is very possible to port. The Ultra 64, as a 1993-94 project, requires less specs than Dreamcast, works at 133mhz and RAM all lower than DC
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post by Anthony817 »

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:I think Windows games from about 1995-98 would be good, also SOR Remake is a precious piece of art even better than the new SOR 4,.
I have that on my OG Xbox and it is ABSOLUTELY fantastic! :D
bjankins1 wrote:That is so awesome man, I haven't played forsaken since I was a kid
Also forgot to say, but it was the full source code for SS2 that was released with the Dreamcast alpha in 2010 that allowed them to fully update the game on PC. So if not for that code being bundled with the Dreamcast alpha, it literally could have been permanently lost.

However, unfortunately that Dreamcast build was super early. Not much was playable than a single corridor that you could walk through. A few years ago somebody finally hacked that build and was able to access more of the game's levels, but still not what you would call a playable game by any means.

You can actually get this "improved version" on this page here. Not a ton of progress, but any progress, is progress.

https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/s ... post-13160

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 arena

Post by Ro Magnus Larsson »

Anthony817 wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:I think Windows games from about 1995-98 would be good, also SOR Remake is a precious piece of art even better than the new SOR 4,.
I have that on my OG Xbox and it is ABSOLUTELY fantastic! :D
bjankins1 wrote:That is so awesome man, I haven't played forsaken since I was a kid
Also forgot to say, but it was the full source code for SS2 that was released with the Dreamcast alpha in 2010 that allowed them to fully update the game on PC. So if not for that code being bundled with the Dreamcast alpha, it literally could have been permanently lost.

However, unfortunately that Dreamcast build was super early. Not much was playable than a single corridor that you could walk through. A few years ago somebody finally hacked that build and was able to access more of the game's levels, but still not what you would call a playable game by any means.

You can actually get this "improved version" on this page here. Not a ton of progress, but any progress, is progress.

https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/s ... post-13160
what is the state of things of SS2 for DC ? does not boot ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post by Anthony817 »

SS2 is just super early alpha code, it was never worked on for a super significant time. At least the source code works, so hey, maybe somebody could eventually work on it over the next few decades hehe. Seems like would be a ton of work to do it though.

Neo-dreamer
dark night

Post by Neo-dreamer »

Sonic Mania
Streets of Rage 4
Daytona USA 2
Virtua Fighter 4
Capcom Fighting Jam
SVC chaos
Some Cave Shmup
KOF 03
Samurai spirits 5
Sengoku 3
Matrimele