USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

rpf16rj
lithium

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by rpf16rj »

Congratulations @megavolt85, thats is amazing. I don't see the time to test this mod, waiting for RB Pico arrive. Thanks one more time.
Curious tester of old games and software and electronic modder sometimes.

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@rpf16rj1

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

Nice work!

I have input code for a lot of usb devices already working on the pico. Inclusing logitech racing wheels, the densha de go controller and so on. I can help with the implementation if you want.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

sh4
shadow

Post by sh4 »

sonik wrote:Nice work!

I have input code for a lot of usb devices already working on the pico. Inclusing logitech racing wheels, the densha de go controller and so on. I can help with the implementation if you want.
Nice! So is it possible to edit/update the fw megavolt released?
"We should've listened to Sega’s weird fish....Now look where we are." -Anonymous-

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

sh4 wrote:
sonik wrote:Nice work!

Nice! So is it possible to edit/update the fw megavolt85 released?
I was wondering about that myself - if megavolt85 is going to release the source code to the firmware? Getting it to work with the current Xbox controller design in wired mode would be awesome!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Awesome work Megavolt! Here's my build with a custom designed enclosure. I'll be uploading the files for 3D printing once I make some more refinements. :)
internals.jpg
enclosure.jpg
plug.jpg
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

sonik wrote:I have input code for a lot of usb devices already working on the pico. Inclusing logitech racing wheels, the densha de go controller and so on.
I don't want to add devices that I don't have, without a device it is impossible to debug.
As for steering wheels, there is nothing in the HID protocol that would indicate that it is the steering wheel that is connected, which means there is no way to enable the correct mode for DseamCast, you can link by VID and PID, but then support will be limited to specific models
MoeFoh wrote:I was wondering about that myself - if megavolt85 is going to release the source code to the firmware?
maybe in the future, but not now.
in the tinyusb library the “vendor defined” protocol is broken, so I rewrote the HID class in my local copy so that the x360 controller would work; my project with the official rp2040 SDK simply won’t build.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Have you tested a wireless mouse @megavolt? I tried a Microsoft wireless mouse with Unreal Tournament and it just kind of went crazy. Couldn't even navigate the menu as it just kept scrolling through everything. lol

I also tested all of the peripherals below and they work great.

Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 2.0
Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Keyboard
Microsoft Digital Media Pro Keyboard

Still need to test controllers but I'm more interested in keyboards and mice. :)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

pcwzrd13 wrote:Have you tested a wireless mouse @megavolt?
yes, I tested two wireless mice, I had no problems

Quake 3 arena custom maps have patch for five buttons mice

enfilade
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Maximum Pool, Internet Game Pack, 4x4 EVO, AFO, Chu Chu Rocket, Q3A, Worms, Ooga Booga

Post by enfilade »

pcwzrd13 wrote:I'll be uploading the files for 3D printing once I make some more refinements
Great enclosure! Would it be possible to upload a version that does not have the Dreamcast Live logo as well? Maybe a blank one or a regular Dreamcast swirl?

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

Anyone put megavolt85's new adapter to the test using 240p Test Suite - Controller Test?
https://artemiourbina.itch.io/240p-test-suite

General Configuration: what is the "hot button"?

FPS Mode: "the right shift emulates the cross up, the left shift emulates the cross down, the buttons in the right/left analogue emulate the cross left/right (indication is the lower right LED)"
- what is left shift, right shift?
- cross, is that cross-hair?
rp2040 zero board by waveshare
rp2040 zero board by waveshare
rp2040 datasheet (641 pages!):
Attachments
rp2040-datasheet.pdf
rp2040 datasheet
(5.08 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
Last edited by MoeFoh on Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.