Port Fowarding

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Port Fowarding

Post#1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:37 pm

So in order to play most dc games with dream pi, you have to port forward, okay no problem right? so the one that i can test for my self is planet ring. so for udp i put in 7648, and try planet ring, except and i connect but it wont show any stats and when you try to play a game their is only one table and it says "its full". any ideas? when i port forward i select dreampi and it lets me put in
External (WAN) Start Port:
External (WAN) End Port:
Internal (LAN) Start Port:
Internal (LAN) End Port:
ect and i put the 7648 in all of them.
thanks

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: Port Fowarding

Post#2 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:12 am

Its sounds ok.
Maybe the ip that you put is the one that DreamPi uses and not the Dreamcast one.

To be easy, make a broadcast of your network and see the DreamPi IP, ok. Discard this.
Now, play some game and make another broadcast to your network, now you see a new ip of DreamPi when the DC is really running online, thats is really the IP that need the port forward.
I hope that this is what fails in your planet ring try. ;-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#3 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:11 am

Look for "DMZ" or "DMZ host". Enter 192.168.1.98 (typically that's the DreamPi address). This opens all ports for the Dreamcast

Or you can forward manually

WAN Start: 7635
WAN End: 7655

Tetris:

WAN Start: 3505
WAN End: 3520

Other gamespy:

WAN Start: 2000
WAN End: 3000

WAN Start: 6000
WAN End: 7000

But try to find the DMZ Host
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#4 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Thanks dan, just a few more questions so when port forwarding for the ip address it will show all connected devices including dream which ends with a .68. but in the dreampi its shelf it lists the ip as .66 so which one should i choose? and also what numbers should i put for the internal lan port? because planet ring still only ever has one table and its full. Thanks

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:54 am

Do you use wifi or ethernet?

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#6 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:11 pm

ethernet

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Must to work, maybe the ip that you see is the DreamPi and not the Dreamcast one.

Anyway, if you are sure about that ip, try to put it oN a DMZ like Dr Teamcast said. This will solve all the problems :-)

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#8 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:02 pm

I figured it out, the ip must be the same as the dmz one. 192.168.1.98. thanks for all the help!