4x4 Evolution getting online guide

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: 4x4 Evolution getting online guide

Post#11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Gary_b wrote:the games ok. not a lot of DC players are on at random. you might find some pc players on if you was to load up the game.

Ah ok. Didn't know there was a PC version. Might pick it up if I find it for cheap.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Impulse
Admin

Post#12 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:05 am

-Impulse

Lakster37
shadow

Post#13 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 am

Just out of curiosity, would one be able to connect to the mindboggle master server with the original disc using Dr.DNS? And any plans on creating a DC-Talk master in case theirs would ever happen to go down?

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#14 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:08 pm

I'm not 100% sure that the mindboggle server is working atm, but yeah you should be able to connect with dr dns. I think their master server is like master.mindboggle.us or master1.mindboggle.us you want to make an entry in the redirect.txt to forward master.4x4evolution.com to that. Also, we are working on trying to get a 4x4evo server up. If we can get it working we will also have our own IRC server which I'm pretty sure can be used to talk to people in-game from any irc client on your pc. So that might happen at some point down the line.
Regards,
brourke228

TacT
Uber

Post#15 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:50 pm

The ONLY way i can get 4x4 to get online and get a response from the gamespy master server is if I Completely turn OFF the FIREWALL on my modem/router, Even with all ports forwarded or a dmz setup, that didn't do anything, but when I turn it OFF 4x4 works great, and starlancer will get online that way but I get that error joining or hosting games, working on that. .

it's still thinking.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#16 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:05 pm

For reference,
Here is how you connect to 4x4 Evolution now. The official server appears to be offline now. Fortunately we have our own server list and chatserver for Dreamcast-Talk.

For PC-DC/Netopia DC users:
Simply set the DNS of your PC or Netopia router to our server and you will see the masterlist containing our chatserver. The IP address can be found by resolving dctalk.no-ip.info or just go here q3master.php and check the ip address of the DC-Talk Q3 servers. At the time of this post the IP is currently 100.40.25.69.

For Regular Dial-up DC users:

Attempt to set the DNS to our server on Dreamcast itself in your connection settings. This may or may not work, sometimes DC ignores the DNS settings when using dial up. If this is the case, then you will not be able to use a retail copy of the game to connect unless we can create a patcher disc for it. As an alternative there will be an autoconnect disc available for download to connect to our 4x4 Evolution server in the near-future.

For PC users:

Edit your hosts similarly to the file attached to redirect the game to our server ip, OR set your PC DNS to our server ip, OR hex edit the exe file for the game to change the master server hostname to dctalk.no-ip.info.

Further notes:
brourke228 wrote:Guys, there is a bot setup now for 4x4 Evo. It doesn't have any commands or anything yet but it is holding the place of a couple game channels. All DC players should avoid the channel "Evo2". That is specifically for any PC players that join the server using 4x4 Evolution 2. Since the clients are incompatible it makes sense to separate Evo1 and Evo2 players to avoid game crashes, etc. 4x4 IS cross-platform but only with PC players playing the original 4x4 Evolution.

Attachments
hosts.zip
(183 Bytes) Downloaded 412 times
Regards,
brourke228

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#17 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:19 pm

I must be the only one who cannot log in. Below is a picture of my attempt to connect today. I can connect to the internet via Netopia, but then I cannot go no further. I realize it's something on my end, but I just want to put this out there for reference.

4x4-02.JPG
4x4 Screen Shot
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

ccphilly1984
rebel

Post#18 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:05 am

"ïnvalid or deleted file" - mediafire

Impulse
Admin

Post#19 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:32 pm

-Impulse

PontiacMan
noob

Post#20 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:31 am

Hello,

Not quite sure if I'm in the right section for this. I'm on a PC and we've been experiencing problems with 4x4 Evolution 2 joining Multiplayer. After one person joins that is including the bot and when a second player tries joining they get an Error regarding "Nick Does Not Match" Is this a server related issue or a client related issue?