Kung Fu Factory's "Girl Fight" port to Dreamcast

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Kung Fu Factory's "Girl Fight" port to Dreamcast

Post#1 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Hey guys, I was looking at this game called "Girl Talk" by Kung Fu Factory and after watching the review and noticing that the game doesn't look as high end as most games today, and it looks like soul calibur/ doa2 graphic wise I decided to look for the developers and I didn't find an email address so I did the next best thing looked up their Facebook, I found their fan page and I just put my request to have them port it to the DC. I didn't expect to hear from them but 6 minutes later I got a response but they replied in a negative ALMOST saying it was a super idea an that they even have a dreamcast in the office but they don't have the dev kit anymore I don't know if they were referring to there dev kit or the dreamcast but I let them know that we ( the dreamcast scene) have created alternative ways to develop for the dreamcast.

Give them more encouragement by going to their Facebook and liking a post by me koku Jin or telling them they should port to dc. Just he fact they replied so fast shows that they listen we did convince others to port things to the DC. We did it with bennu and cubicVR let's try one more time this time from someone that's getting more attention.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/girl ... signatures

I edited the Thread title didn't realize that i put Girl Talk instead of fight
Last edited by PhiseJr on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto

cabou
letterbomb

Re: Kung Fu Factory's "Girl Talk" port to Dreamcast

Post#2 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:02 pm

never heard about that game... any link?

PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Post#3 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Here's a link to the GDC review

http://youtu.be/dB9UEsdVjQY

the game actually looks great. I hope it does come to the DC.

here's my facebook post

http://www.facebook.com/kungfufactory?sk=wall
Last edited by PhiseJr on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Ah so the game I've reading on is one and the same that has just been posted here. Interesting.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#5 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:53 pm

You know i'll sign any petition or request for new dc game. Also you know what i do when ask someone to port anything to dreamcast - i tell them what dc support: c/c++, sdl, opengl, lua and i tell that it's completely legal to release games for dc without sega license. Would you mind to ask them what programming language has beed used to create their game ? I may decide to register at facebook and show my support if it will look portable.

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#6 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:55 pm

While I think it has a very similar art style and presentation to DOA2 I don't think the graphics could translate to the DC. There seems to be a lot more polygons and some of the background environments just wouldn't cut it on the DC. Sure, they could scale it back but that would be quite a bit of work to do over a request so sadly I can't imagine it happening :(

PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Post#7 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:28 pm

BrianC wrote:While I think it has a very similar art style and presentation to DOA2 I don't think the graphics could translate to the DC. There seems to be a lot more polygons and some of the background environments just wouldn't cut it on the DC. Sure, they could scale it back but that would be quite a bit of work to do over a request so sadly I can't imagine it happening :(

Games like Shenmue and Resident:Evil are much larger than this title. At least i believe so. We can't hurt to request such things for our community. to scale back a few things might as well be worth it, there's ports I seen that have been scaled down before. Besides its not for "free" it will bring in money, not a LARGE amount but money nonetheless.
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Posted on the comments page. Hopefully they can look forward to it. They just need to be pushed towards the informative direction.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Post#9 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:09 pm

CD AGES wrote:Posted on the comments page. Hopefully they can look forward to it. They just need to be pushed towards the informative direction.

What page did you post on? that i may assist you and follow :-D
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#10 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:36 pm

PhiseJr wrote:
BrianC wrote:While I think it has a very similar art style and presentation to DOA2 I don't think the graphics could translate to the DC. There seems to be a lot more polygons and some of the background environments just wouldn't cut it on the DC. Sure, they could scale it back but that would be quite a bit of work to do over a request so sadly I can't imagine it happening :(

Games like Shenmue and Resident:Evil are much larger than this title. At least i believe so. We can't hurt to request such things for our community. to scale back a few things might as well be worth it, there's ports I seen that have been scaled down before. Besides its not for "free" it will bring in money, not a LARGE amount but money nonetheless.

I think you're misreading my intentions here, I would LOVE if this game came out on the Dreamcast but I don't think a developer who had not originally planned to port the project to Dreamcast would scale back their title as much as they would need to considering they would probably spend more money in doing so than they would take in. When we see a new Dreamcast game it is usually because of an intense passion for the system. Logical people don't make games for the Dreamcast, love struck fans do :D . Despite the small bit about them at one point having a Dreamcast or a dev kit lying around there isn't much to insinuate enough love for the system to go through with this.

That all being said, I would sign a petition for this in a heartbeat. I just don't see anyone going up to the creators of BlazBlue and asking them to port the game over :D and yes, I too believe Shenmue is a bigger game than this, it was almost 4 gigabytes large :lol:

P.S. Please don't put "free" in quotes and lecture me on the issue of cost and budget, I didn't even bring that up so its a little unfair to go on about it in a condescending way.