Dreamcast-Talk members games list

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Neohound
Gold Lion

Re: Dreamcast-Talk members games list

Post#151 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:04 am

Haha ! Mayu, that picture still makes me chuckle even though I've seen it a few times now. Last year's Dreamcast-Talk photo of the year imo !

Thanks for the advice guys. I could just about fit a small cabinet on the wall next to my present one and I've spotted one in our local rag's classified section and the owner only wants a tenner - I'm going to see it in a few minutes time.

As regards my girlfriend............I've decided that I'm going to play it cautiously as I'm hoping to go DC hunting later today(it may be expensive!!) and I don't want to burn my bridges too early ;) . One thing that usually get's her loving all things Dreamcast is mentioning Shenmue. I might suggest she plays it again, as last time she played it she was really pro-DC for about six months after.

But yeah, I think if she continues to be so obstreperous then I'll have to give her an ultimatum: Love me, Love my DC :|

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#152 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:12 pm

I would also try Space Channel 5, my girlfriend isn't a gamer but she loves that game

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#153 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:00 pm

BrianC wrote:I would also try Space Channel 5, my girlfriend isn't a gamer but she loves that game

Good shout !! I'd almost forgotten about that. I've got part two - which she's never seen before. It's gotta be worth a try ! lol

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#154 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 pm

What do you think of Part 2? I've yet to get it but the first one is a big guilty pleasure of mine. I love that game

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#155 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:47 pm

I just won D2 off Ebay for $22.50 without shipping, $25.50 with! My first time ever bidding on Ebay and it was very intense and fun :D (From what I've seen this is quite a good price too)

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#156 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:45 am

The biggest difference in SC5 pt2 is the graphics. Everything is now in full polygonal glory and much less of the video from the 1st game. Personally speaking, I love it, though it probably has less impact than the original. The language barrier is a pain in some ways, but you can always download the translated version if need be. Oh, and the difficulty level is higher in the second game (at least that's what I thought).

Well done on your first Ebay win ! Bidding can be quite fraught but also rewarding. My girlfriend always leaves the room if I'm bidding on something - she can't stand the stress of it all !! lol

btw D2 = Awesome game ;)

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#157 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 am

D2 was pretty immense actually if I remember, I'm tempted to do a video of that at some point, for a DC game the graphics were freakin awesome
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#158 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Would you guys consider that to be a pretty good price for D2?

I just picked up Tokyo Extreme Racer 2, Virtua Striker 2 and F355 Challenge along with some demo discs for $25 off Craigslist :D

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#159 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:37 am

BrianC wrote:Would you guys consider that to be a pretty good price for D2?

I just picked up Tokyo Extreme Racer 2, Virtua Striker 2 and F355 Challenge along with some demo discs for $25 off Craigslist :D

Yeah pretty good price considering it should be relatively rare now, it was one of those odd games that had a lot of promise but faded into obscurity as everyone was buying other games on the console at the time
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#160 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:54 pm

I think it looks amazing! An RPG, Survival Horror, Adventure game. Everything I've seen about D2 looks great so I can't wait for it to come in. Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 is a lot of fun even though it just drops you into the game with no instructions whatsoever lol