Dreamcast-Talk members games list

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Dreamcast-Talk members games list

Post#141 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:34 pm

don't let the japanese bother you, its basically a platformer. if you can't put yourself over that, don't even bother with looking at princess crown, as it too is a japan only game
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#142 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 pm

No, don't let anything put you off importing it. I don't know where you get the 'clunky' platforming from, it's nothing of the sort ! It's not Sonic for a start, it's much gentler in pace and when I play it I get totally chilled out as it has this mesmeric, lilting, rhythmic quality that I love. It really is a special game, very unique.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#143 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:53 am

well at the moment I'm pretty skint so I might download a rom of it but it just looked pretty slow paced and during the video on youtube I found the guy controlling the character kept getting caught on a log mid jump or falling off platforms, might check the roms out for both though
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#144 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Don't forget, there's much more to the game than just platforming ;)

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#145 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Here's my list of retail copies. I'm looking to collect a bunch more. I'm doing this from memory based on a list of the USA released DC games so I might be overlooking a few US ones. (Most of my collection is a couple hundred miles away atm)

PAL:
Shenmue II (I bought it brand new in the shrinkwrap and once opened, one of the notoriously fragile PAL plastic disc cases was already broken beyond repair :cry: )

JPN:
Frame Gride
Dead or Alive 2 LE
Capcom vs SNK 2
REZ

Hong Kong:
Xing Hong VCD Player with remote

USA:
Airforce Delta
Alien Front Online
Armada
Bang! Gunship Elite
Blue Stinger (broken copy that doesn't boot)
ChuChu Rocket
E.G.G. (Elemental Gimmick Gear)
Evolution 2: Far Off Promise
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves
Gauntlet Legends
Grandia II
Jet Grind Radio
King of Fighters Evolution, The
Maken X
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
MDK 2
Metropolis Street Racer
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL 2K1 (came with my used Sports edition DC)
Outtrigger
Phantasy Star Online
Power Stone 2
Project Justice
Record of Lodoss War
Sega Smash Pack Volume 1
Shenmue
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Shuffle
Soul Calibur
Super Magnetic Neo
Tech Romancer
Test Drive Le Mans
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
Unreal Tournament
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
Worms World Party
Last Blade 2

Also multiple versions of the web browsers and copies of the DC generator demo disc.

Want list: Sturmwind, Gunlord, Vanishing Point, F355 Challenge, Silver, Aerowings 2, CvSNK 1, Headhunter, Rippin Riders, Daytona USA, Test Drive V Rally, Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure, Sword of the Berserk, 18 Wheeler, Sega GT, Pod Speedzone, Gigawing 1, Gigawing 2, Mars Matrix, Skies of Arcadia, GGX, Cosmic Smash, Ikaruga, Chaos Field, Karous.

Money is tight atm, and even though a bunch of the titles on my want list are common and relatively cheap, I'm waiting for the right game lot on ebay that will have maybe 4 or more of the common USA titles for a decent price.
Last edited by dark on Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#146 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi everyone, first post here so it might be a little long (my friends don't understand my Dreamcast love). Well today I just picked up Blue Stinger and Evolution. I'm actually really enjoying Evolution, the randomized dungeons are a lot of fun and I love the trap system. I know the game takes a lot of crap from reviewers and the graphics do suck and the story is bland and the combat system is weak, blah blah blah, but the Dreamcast era J-RPGs are all a cut above, even the weaker ones. I wanted to finish Carrier before starting up Blue Stinger (I'm in the middle of Illbleed as well and am having survival horror overload) but I'm excited to see how it is since I've heard such mixed opinions on it. Now as far as my collection I feel I need to preface it with a description of my terrible no good collecting skills. I got my first Dreamcast in 2007 at a flea market. I started out with Slave Zero and Sonic Adventure and even though one of those games definitely sucks I quickly fell in love with the system. I HATE being told what I can do with a product, its the reason I love the Dreamcast and the reason I use an old Windows Mobile phone and hate Apple products. The system was so open and free, I could mod it, rip backups, do homebrew, and anything else I wanted to do. I slowly started collecting the games by going to every pawnshop in the area. I had a modest collection and got to the point where I wouldn't even touch the PS3 or 360. Then, something terrible happened, I pissed off the wrong kid and got suckerpunched from behind landing face first into concrete. I had a tooth and a half knocked out and went through months and months of surgery, became cold and distant to my friends and focused on the future, college (I was 18 at the time). During this time my relationship with my parents got worse than ever so I spent my days in my room since I wanted to be left alone (moody and lame, I know (over it all now :) )) so I found a LOT of time for the Dreamcast. I became obsessed with the system and was always looking to learn more about it. Now on to my bad collecting habits. I collect for personal reasons, I never intend on having a complete collection because there are games that I just don't want. Also, since I travel with the Dreamcast quite a bit, I do not keep any game cases. I have a big CD case that I keep my 60 or so DC games in. Awful, I know, but as for my gear. I have 3 systems and 1 broken revision 0 (:(), about 5 lightguns, an arcade stick, and a Panther flight stick (SO COOL). My rarest game is my PAL copy of Shenmue 2 (Favorite game, found it in a pawn shop!) but other than that I don't have any particularly rare games. My favorites are Shenmue 1 and 2, all the shmups (I love my shmups) with Mars Matrix being my favorite, Test Drive Le Manns, Sonic Adventure 2, Record of Lodoss War, and many more that are escaping me right now. Well thanks for listening and nice to meet everyone, Dream on!

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#147 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:52 am

now thats the kind of story I like ;)
welcome m8
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit:

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#148 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Thought I'd share with you lot a dilemma I have. Where to put my games ? My partner would say something rude like "Shove em up your **** :shock: :x

Whatever, I sorted out my games this evening and, because of some recent spending, I found I have run out of game space !! Literally every inch of my bespoke case is full. I have over 100 games in a box with nowhere to live; Dreamcast orphans :cry:

Now should I risk the wrath of my better half by setting up another cabinet in the room to cater for my precious games or should I hide my surplus ones in the loft ?

Whatever, here's the situation as it stands (including down-firing sub especially for Karous et al):
Attachments
DSCF2882.jpg

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#149 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 pm

They need another case! And if she says no take out all of her shoes and purses and stack them in a line showing just how much space she takes up and then threaten to prevent her from buying more of either :D

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#150 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:25 am

just get a new case, I assume she has 200 pairs of shoes of which you've only seen 3 pairs at most. if she can't respect dreamcast love, kick her out ;)

thase cases look like ikea stuff, why don't you get the ones I have, they house 90 PAL cases per element, are from ikea & very cheap. they are 40x40x40cm but also come in different hight & widths. whatever size you get, one drawyer always holds room for 3 rows of PAL boxes & if you don't like black, they also come in the same color as the cases you have there.

eg: other model > this is 80x80x40 so it (technically :lol: ) holds 360 PAL cases, or 720 regular cd cases. a friend uses this model for his music; very handy (plus you don't need to dust the cases ever again)

We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

Visit: