The Dolmexica Engine [Moddable 2D Fighter]

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

AGES
noob

Re: The Dolmexica Engine [Moddable 2D Fighter]

Post#41 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Lets hope all is well, as it is a momentous day!

Oh yeah! 8-)
ReviveDC Project

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#42 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Aww, glad to see you didn't forget about the date. :D

Even though it may appear otherwise, me neither. As you can imagine, Murphy's Law kicked in and a dozen new bugs appeared. On another note, my laptop seems to be screwed, resulting in three failed upload attempts...

But that's a thing of the past, today I am very happy to present to you the Dreamcast's first (?) homebrew 2D fighter, Dolmexica. Before the relatively "large" rooster of selectable characters raises false hopes in you, I will spoil that only Ryu and Ken are playable in this demo. Selecting another character will result in a nice "CHRRRT" sound. Kinda removes the Mortal Kombat from Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat, but hey, it's a beta. The great Scorpion vs. Sagat fight is bound to happen... :mrgreen:

Uhh, did I get off-track rambling again? Here is what you came here for today, the link:

Mediafire Mirror

Last time Gary encountered a few problems with Megaupload, so let's try something different now. There will be additional mirrors on the isozone and Sendspace tomorrow, in case Mediafire fails for you. :P

Oh, oh, oh, before I forget, I'll get into trouble if I don't tell you that it is registered under the Gnu General Public License V3. Basically that means it's open-source, with the source code being available here.

As I mentioned before, please tell me about every problem you encounter (Trust me, there will be plenty!), so it can be fixed! Of course this not only applies to bugs and glitches, but also to gameplay issues.

For example, I'll start by saying the Hadouken hit detection is broken. Sometimes it hits, sometimes not. It must have broken today, so a fix should be relatively easy. Relatively. :lol:

In order to play with two people, press Start on the second controller during the Character Select screen. Hasn't been tested that extensively. :?

Heh, I hope you have a little fun with the demo. Even if it has yet to have that "special something", I thoroughly believe it has the potential to grow into something great. :)
For Great Justice!

Dreamcaster
Anarki

Post#43 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:54 pm

Thank you for releasing this beta, tomorrow i'm going to try this out and i'll report every issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0 :P

I've recorded short video, if you want see it visit my channel or click here.
Last edited by Dreamcaster on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#44 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Wow! Amazing work! Keep it up!

I didn't know that Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (the voice of "Daytona USA" and "Burning Rangers") remixed Ryo's theme! This makes it even better for me. :mrgreen:

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#45 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Jenkins wrote:I didn't know that Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (the voice of "Daytona USA" and "Burning Rangers") remixed Ryo's theme! This makes it even better for me. :mrgreen:

The good thing is that even when the game freezes, the awesome music keeps playing! :mrgreen:

Oh, and in case you want to know, the song is from the Street Fighter tribute album. But I think every artist only remixed one stage theme, too bad. :|
For Great Justice!

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#46 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Dreamcaster wrote:Thank you for releasing this beta, tomorrow i'm going to try this out and i'll report every issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0 :P

I've recorded short video, if you want see it visit my channel or click here.

About time. :P

But why the heck did the characters disappear... TIME TO INVESTIGATE!
For Great Justice!

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#47 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks Captain Dreamcast.
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#48 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Awesome work Captain Dreamcast! First thank for releasing it in time. What's 000.000 file, is it dummy?
is the game 50hz or 60hz?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#49 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Wow! This game is FAST! 60FPS! Man, fast and accurate that's how I love my fighters! This really shows tons of potential! I can't wait for the next release!

Dude, that is some awesome fighting music you have on the game haha!

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#50 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Vasiliy wrote:What's 000.000 file, is it dummy?
Yes, dummy file.
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -