SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RiilihShimo
stalker

Re: SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

Post#31 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:45 pm

MrSega wrote:
MistaBuck wrote:
MrSega wrote:Anybody wonder what type of APPs might be availible for this thing?

for the *ahem* KidsPad, or the New Console?

For the Kidspad, Possibly judging from the name, some kind of family/kid friendly apps. Not much else

The console, on the other hand, Will probably have a online store for buying Games, and Other cool things. Will Also most likely have a Mii/Avatar Equivalent....Maybe...hopefully

Yup, I was talking about the KIDSPAD not the project "NEPTUNE/Sega Neptunia".

I think KIDSPAD might have a "SegaPlay" like service and will let you download classic SEGA games especially Dreamcast IPs.

I really do hope it will allow to download SEGA CD games, since SEGA CDs are a bit rare and quite expensive.

As for the mysterious NEPTUNE, it will be marketed as a hardcore console, I'm sure.

Mr.Sega do you have any links you can share about the neptune/neptunia? I can't find anything valid about it.
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

MrSega

Post#32 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Does anyone have an idea what type of games will likely be availible for this thing?

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#33 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:44 pm

MrSega wrote:Does anyone have an idea what type of games will likely be availible for this thing?

Glorified PICO.

BOOK IT!

I'm batting 1000.

show spoiler»

MrSega

Post#34 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:52 pm

comradesnarky wrote:
MrSega wrote:Does anyone have an idea what type of games will likely be availible for this thing?

Glorified PICO.

BOOK IT!

I'm batting 1000.

show spoiler»

You lose. Read the trademark. It says handheld electronic digital device for recording.Games and game software and handheld pads for playing games, recorded electronic software. Its a GAME TABLET. Not a plugin toy.

I knew you were going to automatically assume its a PICO like device, when it clearly obviously is not. The fact that you failed to study the trademark description, shows sour grapes on your part.

Now go back and study the trademark again please. You're assumption is sadly misdirected.
Last edited by MrSega on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Post#35 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:56 pm

MrSega wrote:
comradesnarky wrote:

Glorified PICO.

BOOK IT!

I'm batting 1000.

show spoiler»

You lose. Read the trademark. It says electronic games and game software and handheld pads for recorded electronic software. Its a GAME TABLET. Not a plugin toy.

I knew you were going to automatically assume its a PICO like device, when it clearly obviously is not. The fact that you failed to study the trademark description, shows sour grapes on your part.

Now go back and study the trademark again please. You're assumption is sadly misdirected.

uhh, MrSega, It actually Probably IS a pico-like Device.

They just made it sound "fancy" for the patent...
I think
Natural Harmonia Gropius

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#36 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:57 pm

MrSega wrote:You lose. Read the trademark. It says electronic games and game software and handheld pads for recorded electronic software. Its a GAME TABLET. Not a plugin toy.

Would you market a device as a serious gaming tablet to the mass market under the name "Kids Pad?"

Still batting 1000.

I'm about to start my own Sega rumors site.

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Post#37 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:01 am

comradesnarky wrote:
MrSega wrote:You lose. Read the trademark. It says electronic games and game software and handheld pads for recorded electronic software. Its a GAME TABLET. Not a plugin toy.

Would you market a device as a serious gaming tablet to the mass market under the name "Kids Pad?"

Still batting 1000.

DO IT
Natural Harmonia Gropius

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#38 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:01 am

comradesnarky wrote:

Still batting 1000.

Then start ur own rumors site, that is ur personal choice.
Yeah I would market a device called "Kids Pad", It IS aimed towards kids .. I see nothing wrong with it.
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#39 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:06 am

Actually I made that PICO remark without even looking at the trademark. Now that I have...

While these are broad classes that the trademark is listed under, a few are dead giveaways for a PICO device:

Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electricity; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; automatic vending machines and mechanisms for coin operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment and computers; fire extinguishing apparatus.

I highlighted the coin operated one just because it's weird.

Here's the keywords for the international classification:

Games and playthings; gymnastic and sporting articles not included in other classes; decorations for Christmas trees.

I laughed at the last one.

Anyway, PICO. It probably has a camera, which explains the optical classes.. A lot of children's playthings have cameras built in anymore.

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#40 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 am

RiilihShimo wrote:
Then start ur own rumors site, that is ur personal choice.

Purely a joke, but I probably could find some internet characters who would vouch as sources.

Yeah I would market a device called "Kids Pad", It IS aimed towards kids .. I see nothing wrong with it.

Yes, but MrSega seems to believe it to be a more mass market gaming device, not something kid focused, like say....the PICO. That's what I'm saying. It's like selling an HDTV that says "Dumbass Owner" on it, if it were to be a serious gaming device called Kids Pad. No one would buy it.

Thus, it's a PICO.