Chinese Dreamcast SD Adapters for sale

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Chinese Dreamcast SD Adapters for sale

Post#81 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:44 pm

I haven't ordered only because it is way too much for shipping and mostly I am not a fan of using non-PayPal friendly sites. If this seller could put it up at a safe site, I'd consider ordering (I might overlook the steep shipping to the USA or order a few of these).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#82 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:35 pm

I would like to compare it with Dreamshell.

That IS DreamShell with chinese loading logo .

I found it really easy to use the links posted earlier in this thread - Payment was easy (paypal) and, for a product that appears to be made to order, they really did keep me updated every step of the way. All in all, and as strange as it may seem! I actually found it more pleasant to use than eBay... now there's something!

Same . I bought some other stuff from taobao and buyfromtaobao.com has sent off all stuff in one package with sd adaptor . it's really easy and safe .

merlin
shadow

Post#83 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Could we please get the download link to the software? I would like to compare it with Dreamshell.

The link they sent me is 'unavailable' so I reuploaded it here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N9MZV0AT

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#84 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 am

Ok, thanks for posting the link to the OS, I now see that my suspisions were correct, it is Dreamshell!

Ok, guess what everybody? I just ordered my SD Adapter from the Buy from Taobao site, and it was EASY AS PIE!

Here is what I did(Thanks Duessi). :D

I Made sure I signed up with Buy from Taobao, and had a paypal account first. Then I went to the link under this post.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7818275499

Then went to this site http://buyfromtaobao.com/ShoppingCart.aspx Put the item URL in the field and added to cart, then next after that I got the total in USD. This site just charges you like .50 cents for using them as a "Middleman", but for me, half a buck is worth it to get a "Solid State" Hard Drive for my Sega Dreamcast.

It cost $11.14 total for mine! Now I just have to wait.

How long did you folks wait before yours came to your houses?

AdamKoralik
Sunday Shootout

Post#85 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 am

Sorry dude, you're about to get screwed.

They're going to charge you like another $20 to actually ship it to you.

I thought the same thing "oh shit, only 50 cents, awesome."

They neglect to inform you that you need to pay the cost of shipping it from China to the States.

Duessi
rebel

Post#86 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:08 am

from china to germany in 5 days but from taobao to buyfromtaobao 3 weeks and that sucks ;)

and shipping is not so expensive to germany 7$ because the parcel is so small

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#87 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Oh well, $20 shipping is worth it, as the price of the actual unit is cheap as hell.

@Adam, what were the shipping and handling charges to Chicago? Fort Worth is the same distance almost from China to Chicago, so the price should be close to what you spent. I need to know approximate prices because my friend bought this for me with his paypal account, and he only had like $20 left in it, so I need to cash my check ASAP and add money to it just to make sure we have enough.

Anyway, I thought we should have a SDISO section, that we can rip and upload SDISO's and make them available to others, so they don't have to spend a full day ripping all Shenme discs lol.

DC Swat has an SDISO FTP server, that had quite the collection amassed already.

http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum/thread-1440.html

I spoke to jambo, the founder of all the ISOZones, and have yet to get a reply back from him yet. We seriously need more sites to support SDISO's, so it makes it easier for new beginners.

AdamKoralik
Sunday Shootout

Post#88 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:34 am

Expedited shipping costs, $31.16.

There is a cheaper option, but I don't really trust surface mail expected to take over two months from China.

Thats me though.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#89 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:42 am

Ok, well, we'll see what the total comes to in a few days if they increase the price.

I just spent $42 for a 32GB SD card and $24 for a new Mouse and Keyboard for my Dreamcast. Both had free shipping! I love Ebay sellers like that you know? :)

AdamKoralik
Sunday Shootout

Post#90 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:45 am

EBay rules.