SD Card Serial Port Tested Best Settings

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.
Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
shenhulahula
undertow

Re: SD Card Serial Port Tested Best Settings

Post by shenhulahula »

Yeah, getting the correct settings is key to at least get them to boot. Which games did you try?

Holsten
stalker

Post by Holsten »

I got quake3 and the quake3 custom maps to work with slow fmv video.
I tried driving strikers, pso ives version, chu chu rocket and monaco grand prix online but those did not boot.
And sega bass fishing 2 ran unplayable slow.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

shenhulahula
undertow

Post by shenhulahula »

For both Chu Chu Rocket and Monaco Grand Prix Online i use the following settings in Dreamshell (on the optimzed GDI:s from Dubcity):

* Async 8
*Emulate CDDA audio
*IRQ hooking
*Binary OS: Auto
*Loader device: Auto
*Boot: Direct*
*Loader memory: 0x8c001100 (Chu Chu Rocket)
For Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2 On-Line i use loader memory: 0x8cfe8000 instead

I use loader 0.8.0, but earlier ones should work as well.

I'll get back when I've tried Sega Bass Fishing 2 and Driving Strikers.
EDIT. I'm getting the same result as you for SBF2, very choppy during gameplay. I also don't know how to get Driving Strikers to start

Dirge Of Ram
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: No GGPO Fightcade For Me.

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

Dead or Alive you can just use the default settings. You still need to Optimize GDI to avoid The Death Valley wall crash.

https://archive.org/details/gdi-dead-or ... ucher-2024

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

driving strikers is homebrew not going to boot with out remaking it into sd iso it's selfboot bin.. sega bass fishing have to repack ad optimize every adx and sound file .. which it's full off.. Really only need to take the files from cdr and repack as a gdi not the boot bin ..

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

shenhulahula wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:46 am I also don't know how to get Driving Strikers to start
Driving Strikers Holiday Edition GDI

Holsten
stalker

Post by Holsten »

To be honest i did not understand anything? Optimized GDI's? :?:

Holsten
stalker

Post by Holsten »

I got that thing because it was cheap and people said cool stuff could be done with it but so far i could not get much use out of it.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

yeah, I removed the redundant code that is not needed for the GDI image, added 0GDTEX and build GDI image

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Holsten wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:31 pm I got that thing because it was cheap and people said cool stuff could be done with it but so far i could not get much use out of it.
I made a free version, this is not the version that is sold