USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

megavolt85
Developer

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by megavolt85 »

if anyone who has an ASCII pad ft runs a 240p test and posts a screenshot, then we will know for sure

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

This one?
I took this pictures for Artemio back then. Sorry for the quality.
A just love the "ken, ken, ken" strings :lol:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
EDF! EDF! EDF!

floattube
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I have all of them available.

Post by floattube »

Not pretty but hey it works! Thanks for your hard work making this.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

sonik wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:18 am This one?
yes, this is what we need, now we know that software ASCII Stick FT and ASCII Pad FT for Dreamcast are the same device

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

Megavolt, do you think it would be possible to patch games to use an "alternative form" of dreamast light gun?
One that outputs the absolute screen position.
This way we might be able to use some modern lightguns on the dreamcast.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Vespa
undertow

Post by Vespa »

megavolt85 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:34 pm
Vespa wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:05 am I will order a Prolific cable and see if I can follow.
you can use any serial adapter, profilic, CH340, CH341, FTDI, arduino nano/mini/micro (flashed to usb-serial) ...... etc ....
Looks like we're in business! Thank you for mentioning this, megavolt85, I remembered I had a FT232RL. (shout out to MoeFoh for his guide)
PXL_20240507_094300473.jpg
Are we out of luck if there's no 'Desc' log? This controller didn't show it but displayed the input read out/byte string.

Sonik mentioned that it might be best to power it via the Dreamcast, I've been using a splitter OTG to operate it like this but not sure if that's wise?:
debugRoute.jpg
Tested an arcade stick fitted with the popular open source pico based board GP2040ce: https://gp2040-ce.info/ could not get the Xinput (shows up as standard 360 controller in Win/Device manager) to show in putty, would give an error (I'll try and get a pic) but looks like I should be able to capture the PS3 mode.

Also tested Timville's 3dapter (a low lag Arduino based adapter that can take Snes, NES and MD and is compatible with 8bitdo 2.4g console adapters) so should be able to capture that.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

maonaluva
undertow

Post by maonaluva »

Vespa wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:05 am I will order a Prolific cable and see if I can follow.
you can use any serial adapter, profilic, CH340, CH341, FTDI, arduino nano/mini/micro (flashed to usb-serial) ...... etc ....
I have an Arduino UNO, I would like to help with some logs, do you know if there is a website or guide for me to follow step by step on how to generate this LOG?

gatoh
shadow

Post by gatoh »

maonaluva wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 am
I have an Arduino UNO, I would like to help with some logs, do you know if there is a website or guide for me to follow step by step on how to generate this LOG?
Same question with a Mega!

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

sonik wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:55 am Megavolt, do you think it would be possible to patch games to use an "alternative form" of dreamast light gun?
nothing is impossible, but you will have to spend a lot of time reversing at least one game
Vespa wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:06 am Are we out of luck if there's no 'Desc' log? This controller didn't show it but displayed the input read out/byte string.
Xinput device don't have 'Desc' log, but if is displayed byte string that all fine.
Vespa wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:06 am Sonik mentioned that it might be best to power it via the Dreamcast, I've been using a splitter OTG to operate it like this but not sure if that's wise?:
You can take logs even without connecting the rp2040 to the Dreamcast, just supply power to the rp2040
Vespa wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:06 am Tested an arcade stick fitted with the popular open source pico based board GP2040ce: https://gp2040-ce.info/ could not get the Xinput (shows up as standard 360 controller in Win/Device manager) to show in putty, would give an error (I'll try and get a pic) but looks like I should be able to capture the PS3 mode.
It might be better to build a separate firmware to connect the arcade stick and buttons directly to the rp2040, then the input lag will be zero
maonaluva wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 am I have an Arduino UNO, I would like to help with some logs, do you know if there is a website or guide for me to follow step by step on how to generate this LOG?
make photo your board

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Arduino Mega and UNO have ATMEGA16U2 already flashed as USB-TTL
1) set jumper to pin 5-6 on ICSP, is disable main controller
Снимок экрана от 2024-05-07 19-20-27.png
Снимок экрана от 2024-05-07 19-19-55.png
2) connect any GND from arduino board to any GND pin rp2040
3) connect rp2040 GP0 to:
MEGA2560 - PE1