USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Outrun

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85
Retro-Bit Genesis 8-Button Gamepad
Log report: Works with Mayflash Magic NS 2 with x-input in default Dreamcast controller mode only. Guide = start + a, unable to switch modes. Gamepad-tester.com shows the 2 buttons being pressed - not a single guide button - so I'm confused.

Also annoying, no led's to show whether the gamepad is in x-input or d-input mode & configuration can't be saved to the gamepad - always starts up in d-input mode. :lol:

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

MoeFoh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:26 am Retro-Bit Genesis 8-Button Gamepad
click any button once, look at end of log string with button state

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

@Megavolt I'm trying out a Tecknet EWM01832 wireless mouse with the adapter but it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Do you need to add the VID and PID? If so, here they are: VID: 25A7 PID: FA61.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

megavolt85 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:42 pm
MoeFoh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:26 am Retro-Bit Genesis 8-Button Gamepad
click any button once, look at end of log string with button state
Tried that, but it's just not seeing any pressed button input. I'll check again. Does that mean forget about this one as a direct connect?

I also have a wired Legacy16 SNES. At least it has a home button so I can change modes.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

pcwzrd13 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:51 pm @Megavolt I'm trying out a Tecknet EWM01832 wireless mouse with the adapter but it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Do you need to add the VID and PID? If so, here they are: VID: 25A7 PID: FA61.
Unfortunately, some wireless mice have two interfaces, one for the mouse and one for the keyboard, even if the keyboard is not included.
the adapter connects only the first interface and if the keyboard is the first, the mouse will not work
MoeFoh wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:52 pm Does that mean forget about this one as a direct connect?
yep

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

megavolt85 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:59 pm
pcwzrd13 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:51 pm @Megavolt I'm trying out a Tecknet EWM01832 wireless mouse with the adapter but it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Do you need to add the VID and PID? If so, here they are: VID: 25A7 PID: FA61.
Unfortunately, some wireless mice have two interfaces, one for the mouse and one for the keyboard, even if the keyboard is not included.
the adapter connects only the first interface and if the keyboard is the first, the mouse will not work
I don't think that's the issue. This brand sells mostly just mice. They have one keyboard and mouse combo but it's not this mouse. If you look up the receiver model #2AK8Q-EWM01832, it just shows results for mice.
PSO Characters:

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

check in VMU Maneger how i's detected

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

megavolt85 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:07 pm check in VMU Maneger how i's detected
Hmmm, yeah, it shows up as a keyboard. Weird. So there's nothing that can be done to get it to work? I just bought it so I guess I can return it if it's not Dreamcast compatible. :lol:
PSO Characters:

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

unfortunately the only way to fix this is to add a physical switch to a free GPIO

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85
I could get no input from either of my wired Retro-Bit controllers after re-testing.

Any ideas how the wired Retro-Bit Saturn USB was made to work/configured?