Samba De Amigo DLC!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Adrian1993
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I would like to get the Samba De Amigo DLC

Samba De Amigo DLC!

Post by Adrian1993 »

Hey, everyone!

I am a new member here at the Dreamcast-Talk forms and for the longest time I have a major desire to play the DLC for Samba De Amigo and have all the songs that were released for the, American version of the game. The biggest issue I have had is that I have tried tirelessly to get my console back online to do it but with no success. I know this is a weird request but would it be possible for me to send my "VMU" to someone and they can download all the songs for me? I will pay for the shipping both ways and would really appreciate it!

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: pso, 4x4, max pool, planet ring, afo, chu chu.... all of them

Re: Samba De Amigo DLC!

Post by itsthinkingstill »

Have you tried burning a copy of the VMU Tool? It has all dreamcast DLC on the disk that you can copy locally to the VMU, its how i had the DLC long before i got mine online 10+ years ago

Falco Girgis
Developer

Post by Falco Girgis »

I just want you to know that Samba De Amigo is one of my all-time favorite games. I grew up playing it, and was working on a Samba De Amigo clone in the DC-scene where you could use two fishing rods if you didn't have maracas to play with when I was in my mid-teens...

ANYWAY, as a fellow Samba De Amigo player, DUDE DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THIS DLC ON YOUR DREAMCAST. OMG these are the BEST songs on the game! Thery're nice and challenging and just super well done. "Open Your Heart" from Sonic Adventure and "Super Sonic Racing" from Sonic R are probably my all-time two favorite SDA songs to play. YOU NEED THEM IN YOUR LIFE!

Your next step should definitely be to try burning a copy of VMU-tool with it or to send it to someone who can do it for you.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ChuChu Rocket!
Daytona USA
F355 Challenge
Quake III Arena
Racing Simulation 2
Worms World Party

Post by OlivusPrime »

Alternatively you can use an SD card reader with Dreamshell to save DLC to your VMU - it's what I used for DLC before getting a DreamPi, not to mention they're a useful pair of tools to have for many other things. I got the Kaico one, which still seems to be working well.

-drez01-
Tank Jr.
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena

Post by -drez01- »

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

Adrian1993 wrote:Hey, everyone!

I am a new member here at the Dreamcast-Talk forms and for the longest time I have a major desire to play the DLC for Samba De Amigo and have all the songs that were released for the, American version of the game. The biggest issue I have had is that I have tried tirelessly to get my console back online to do it but with no success. I know this is a weird request but would it be possible for me to send my "VMU" to someone and they can download all the songs for me? I will pay for the shipping both ways and would really appreciate it!
What issues are you having with getting online?

Geords
noob

Post by Geords »

You should try using a Dreamcast emulator or modify your console to access DLC content without an online connection.
sonic exe

kallen
shadow

Post by kallen »

If you have the Dream Explorer disc, you can get the Samba de Amigo DLC there.