Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xiden
Developer

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#291 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:56 am

linksys spa 1001 is only around 15 bucks btw. A cheaper option to the 3000

Xiden
Developer

Post#292 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Hey folks! I'll be free this weekend for some more Netlinking. Hit me up if you're interested.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#293 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:27 pm

Updated ver 3 once again with a completely new Hud and main page and redirected some of the links NOTE: All voip info was not updated to latest guide but since on the resolution of the pictures are so bad you probably couldn't read it anyway :mrgreen:
00000000.gif

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z9jo88s95 ... date+3.zip

Bring
dark night

Post#294 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 am

Xiden wrote:Hey folks! I'll be free this weekend for some more Netlinking. Hit me up if you're interested.

Could you and whoever you Link up with try changing the following setting and then note any difference in gameplay?

as this is the only setting missing from my PAP2t-NA

Thanks in advance for your efforts with this matter

Xiden
Developer

Post#295 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:06 am

Bring wrote:
Xiden wrote:Hey folks! I'll be free this weekend for some more Netlinking. Hit me up if you're interested.

Could you and whoever you Link up with try changing the following setting and then note any difference in gameplay?

as this is the only setting missing from my PAP2t-NA

Thanks in advance for your efforts with this matter

I've tried with all the Supplementary Service Subcription settings on No and it didn't appear to make any real difference at all. That just happens to be the default settings from what I'm aware of for the SPA-1001. But you wont need that either way.

Bring
dark night

Post#296 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:15 am

Xiden wrote:I've tried with all the Supplementary Service Subcription settings on No and it didn't appear to make any real difference at all. That just happens to be the default settings from what I'm aware of for the SPA-1001. But you wont need that either way.

Nice, I did wonder how a "Three way call service" would help me on the Forest Stage...

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#297 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:37 pm

Bring wrote:

Nice, I did wonder how a "Three way call service" would help me on the Forest Stage...

Have you had any success with play a VOIP game? If so ill order the same one as you (again!)
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Bring
dark night

Post#298 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:04 pm

I haven't yet,maybe I'll get the chance to try a trans-atlantic rally with Xiden over the weekend. As he say that missing setting I posted about above shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

GGplay
rebel

Post#299 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:01 am

Xiden wrote:linksys spa 1001 is only around 15 bucks btw. A cheaper option to the 3000

Yes but there is not a single one with a European Power Supply, you can buy the 3000 with a Power Supply included.

what does the 1001 need, 5v? i have a universal power supply but im not sure if it would match.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#300 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:21 pm

might be available tomorrow, this will probably be one of my final matches for a few months