Hello Im a girl who loves adventure

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Lizzy
noob

Hello Im a girl who loves adventure

Post#1 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Hello everyone,
Hello folks, I am Lizzy, a fan of Sonic The Hedgehog since 1993 and a brain tumor survivor since 1993 too.
My story with Sonic began after my brain tumor surgery. I was struggling with school, bullies & recovery. :? And well.... Sonic was there. His games helped me with recovery, the TV shows kept me happy & helped me forget the troubles I had.

The Sonic comics helped me to read out loud again, since I had a horrible stuttering problem. I never had friends in school since I looked so gross to others. All I had was my sonic comics I read in school, the TV shows & games were waiting for me when I got home.

I also enjoy cosplaying, cooking, traveling & I love cats/kittens.

-Lizzy Hedgehog

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Re: Hello Im a girl who loves adventure

Post#2 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:42 am

Hi Liz! Welcome to the community!
From love, with Russia :)

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:32 am

Welcome to the community! I'm a massive sonic fan myself. I really love the sonic comics, tv shows, etc.

Sad that Archie has currently paused Sonic comics :( right at #290! Apparently they are still in talks with Sega so hopefully they will get things squared away.

Do you have any Sega Consoles?

Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Post#4 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:03 pm

Welcome aboard Liz. That is so messed up that nobody wanted to be your friend due to your appearance. Well, you'll definitely find a lot of great friends here. Congrats on surviving that brain tumor.
:)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Big welcome to our community! Please enjoy your time here at DC-Talk! Also, feel free to ask questions, check out some of the cool stuff that not even the original Dreamcast owners had (like PBA Tour Bowling Online, Millennium Racer, ToeJam and Earl 3, Geist Force, Shenmue 2 with English speech, Space Channel 5 with English speech and other things I have not thought of).

You'll find this to be an active community.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#6 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi welcome. I seem to recall that you were active in the old project dream facebook page. Project puff of smoke, unfortunately. Enjoy your time here. Info of many new dc games can be found here too.

Lizzy
noob

Post#7 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 pm

Xiden wrote:Welcome to the community! I'm a massive sonic fan myself. I really love the sonic comics, tv shows, etc.

Sad that Archie has currently paused Sonic comics :( right at #290! Apparently they are still in talks with Sega so hopefully they will get things squared away.

Yes I do! Been building my mini museum; Sega Genesis 1, 2 & 3! Game Gear (black), Saturn, 32X, Sega CD, and white Dreamcast! Still working on getting others!!

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:22 am

Lizzy wrote:
Xiden wrote:Welcome to the community! I'm a massive sonic fan myself. I really love the sonic comics, tv shows, etc.

Yes I do! Been building my mini museum; Sega Genesis 1, 2 & 3! Game Gear (black), Saturn, 32X, Sega CD, and white Dreamcast! Still working on getting others!!

Very nice! I have all those plus a SG-1000. Do you plan on getting a dreampi for your dreamcast to bring it back online?

Strik3r91
letterbomb

Post#9 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:54 am

you will prolly want to participate in Sonic Adventure 1 online rankings ;)
From love, with Russia :)

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#10 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:58 pm

Welcome Lizzy!!! Nice moment to play that great games on this great console.

Strik3r91 wrote:you will prolly want to participate in Sonic Adventure 1 online rankings ;)

+1 :-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!