Looney Tunes Space Race/Best Multiplayer Games on the Dreamcast

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Janus456
shadow

Looney Tunes Space Race/Best Multiplayer Games on the Dreamcast

Post#1 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:12 am

Hi guys,

I run a gaming YouTube channel with my best friend who has never owned a Dreamcast and managed to get him playing on Looney Tunes Space Race for our first episode of our new 'Multiplayer Monday's series'. For me, it's the best Kart racer on the console (special mention to Wacky Races) but I was hoping you could give me a few other ideas for the best multiplayer DC games.

Also check out the video here. Lots more Dreamcast content on the way so please feel free to Subscribe guys. More DC reviews and let's play vids on the way soon :)

Xiden
Developer

Re: Looney Tunes Space Race/Best Multiplayer Games on the Dreamcast

Post#2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:42 am

Here's a few good multiplayer games I can think of that are the best in my opinion:
- Sonic Shuffle (Best Multiplayer Party Game :D)
- Power Stone 2 (Best Multiplayer Fighting Game)
- Unreal Tournament (Best Multiplayer FPS in my opinion due to it having up to 8 players at once)
- Chu Chu Rocket (Best Multiplayer Puzzle Game)
- Gauntlet Legends (Best Multiplayer Action/Arcade game)
- Worms World Party (Best Multiplayer Strategy Game)

Other Great Titles
- Ooga Booga
- Bomberman Online
- Quake 3 Arena
- Toy Racer
- Planet Ring
- Starlancer
- Outtriger
- Marvel vs Capcom 2 (has 4 player tag team)
- All the 2k sports titles

A good site with great info on multiplayer games for DC - http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/dre ... ayer-games

Wilco
lithium

Post#3 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:34 pm

That's cool. Me and my mate are planning on getting a channel going as soon as I can afford an Elgato. I will need to pick up this game :) look forward to seeing more episodes.
Kid With The Play

Janus456
shadow

Post#4 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:05 am

Thanks guys!

Chu Chu Rocket and Gauntlet Legends are on my radar definitely and I'll certainly check out the others :D

Power Stone 2 is one of my top 2 or 3 games on the DC so that's a great shout! New vid up today as well but not Dreamcast related unfortunately. 2 Player Golden Axe is awesome though :)

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#5 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:54 pm

It might seem like a cop out because its a multiplat but THPS2 2 player game of HORSE. Soooooo fun, ever since I was a kid.

Same goes for stunt mode on Rush 2049. Addicting. At least for us lol.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#6 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:51 pm

I'll second Rush 2049 stunt mode. My sisters and I still play this whenever we're all at my house (rare these days), and have for like 10 years. It's so fun to screw around in and compare scores and stunts.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#7 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:17 am

DCGX wrote:I'll second Rush 2049 stunt mode. My sisters and I still play this whenever we're all at my house (rare these days), and have for like 10 years. It's so fun to screw around in and compare scores and stunts.

I'll third rush 2049 but definitely not stunt mode. battle mode! battle mode in rush 2049 is the best multiplayer fun to be ever had!

https://www.gamefaqs.com/dreamcast/1985 ... ews/147357

I wrote a review about it. I do encourage for even more fun to be played with 3 or 4 persons.