[solved] pi wont connect to pso

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Deathcyde
dark night

[solved] pi wont connect to pso

Post#1 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:58 pm

so i got a dreampi kit and as the subject says it wont connect to pso anymore. it worked once for a little while. i'm not sure whats up with it. it does say that it failes to set up the dhcp but i do get an ip adress both lights on the modem are on but one goes out when trying to connect. im not sure what to do

Last edited by Deathcyde on Tue May 23, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: pi wont connect to pso

Post#2 » Tue May 02, 2017 2:36 am

Possibly the lvi is the problem.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:50 am

What message are you getting from PSO? If the light turns off on the modem when you try and connect then usually that means everything is working, including the line voltage inducer. I believe I sold you two line voltage inducers though so it might be worth trying the other one to see if that makes any difference.

Also, if you're using PSO v.2 then you'll need to use the Sylverant patcher disc every time you want to connect. If you're using a burned copy then you need to make sure it's patched to connect to the Sylverant server.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Deathcyde
dark night

Post#4 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:32 am

i have been useing the patcher. it logs me in but tells me that i cant connect to the server. as for the otber lvi the usb part came off when i unpluged it from an outlet. thats when i didnt know i needed it in the pi. also i do connect fine to quake but i cant pull up the server list. not sure if the two are related at all.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#5 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 am

Deathcyde wrote:also i do connect fine to quake but i cant pull up the server list. not sure if the two are related at all.

Can you connect to a server manually by putting in the IP? (e.g. 173.69.21.183:27962 for DC-Talk DM) You can enter the IP manually by selecting the 'More' button on the bottom right of the server list screen.
PSO Characters:

Deathcyde
dark night

Post#6 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:21 pm

no i can't connect to a server manualy i tride them all. not sure whats going on here i also last night checked my router. its not blocking it it sees the pi i tried port fowording dhcp that didn't do anything. its quite confusing connecting ok but not. would posting a video on like youtube showing whats going on help at all? i can do that later.

EDIT: well i just try re burning the patcher and trying to channge settings with xdp and i get the same results of yes you are connected but akso no you cant connect to the server ect. could it be say my firewall or something blocking it?

Deathcyde
dark night

Post#7 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:07 pm

sorry for the double post but i just tried a brand new LVI and i have the same issue of i c connect but i cant get into the server

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#8 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm not sure of anything else to try right now but you can go ahead and post a YouTube video of the connection process just to make sure you're doing everything correctly.
PSO Characters:

Deathcyde
dark night

Post#9 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:02 pm

ok that sounds like a good idea

Deathcyde
dark night