Help on connecting to Aline front Online

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Re: Help on connecting to Aline front Online

Post by Xiden »

itsthinkingstill wrote:got it working :)

Do u mind sharing your solution :)
superman200x
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Need help on aline front online

Post by superman200x »

Yeah I still have trouble on my side I already change the dmz. still nothing for me is just a router not a modem.
is it the NAT??
superman200x
undertow

Post by superman200x »

also How did you do it itsthinkingstill Been trying to get it to work for a week lol
Shuouma
Developer

Post by Shuouma »

Wait itsthinkingstill got it working? hallelujah moment
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: pso, 4x4, max pool, planet ring, afo, chu chu.... all of them

Post by itsthinkingstill »

I tried a different things at once so i cant 100% confirm this but on the main firewall page it allows you to set a port for Pinhole timeout, so i put afo's udp in and and i think that did the trick.
superman200x
undertow

Post by superman200x »

Cool man was out of town I will try it man and will let you guys know if it works guys thanks man
superman200x
undertow

Post by superman200x »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I figured it out super cool who is down to play today or another day Now to look for people to play it so happy I could play this game
Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Post by Saiga GeneCast »

Hi all, I was wondering if you guys can help me with this issue.
When I try to connect to Alien Front Online I have some sort of weird disconnection.
I get to the dial up screen and it says that I am connected to the internet (With the 3360 baud sign). Then, when I get to the lobby, it pulls this message "Collecting Game Information...". The message stays on and after a while, I get disconnected from the game.

Another example is when I am trying to use planetweb. I get on the main screen and click the red telephone. After a while a message says that the modems are connected. The red telephone turns into green. Then, I go to click on the google sign and it can never load the website up.

I would extremely appreciate it if someone can help me resolve this issue.
:)
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: pso, 4x4, max pool, planet ring, afo, chu chu.... all of them

Post by itsthinkingstill »

Saiga GeneCast wrote:Hi all, I was wondering if you guys can help me with this issue.
When I try to connect to Alien Front Online I have some sort of weird disconnection.
I get to the dial up screen and it says that I am connected to the internet (With the 3360 baud sign). Then, when I get to the lobby, it pulls this message "Collecting Game Information...". The message stays on and after a while, I get disconnected from the game.

Another example is when I am trying to use planetweb. I get on the main screen and click the red telephone. After a while a message says that the modems are connected. The red telephone turns into green. Then, I go to click on the google sign and it can never load the website up.

I would extremely appreciate it if someone can help me resolve this issue.
:)

You need to Port forward or dmz your router
guide here http://www.dreamcastlive.net/connection-guide.html
Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Post by Saiga GeneCast »

I already did. It does not solve the problem though. I think it simply has to do with the range of the WiFi signal of the raspberry pi 3.

The reason I say this is because as soon as I went back to using Ethernet, the problem goes away.

I can't believe how much the WiFi range of the raspberry pi 3 sucks.