Moderator: pcwzrd13

Shuouma
Developer

Re: chu chu rocket

Post#21 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:58 am

Hi

Just so people understand, when starting a game, all players disconnects
from the server and starts sending UDP packets between eachother. That
is, the server is not interacting with the players during gameplay.

Like people said before there are prebuilt lag in ChuChu, but the lag will increase
if a player have high latency, the game will try to add lag to maintain gameplay.
Hence, the player with the highest latency will set the lag for everybody else.

What I have seen, especially noticeable in planet ring is that the battery
capacity seems to effect how fast UDP packets are sent, that is, when
you have low battery the UDP packets aren't sent out as frequent, resulting
in almost unplayable games.

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Post#22 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:31 am

I think it was something to do with the transformer as it has stopped working, was very hot last night, only 24 hours old!!! Would anyone be kind enough to make a line voltage inducer for me, i will obviously pay for it and postage plus a bit extra for your troubles?? thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xiden
Developer

Post#23 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:46 am

ANFIELD_SCOUSE wrote:I think it was something to do with the transformer as it has stopped working, was very hot last night, only 24 hours old!!! Would anyone be kind enough to make a line voltage inducer for me, i will obviously pay for it and postage plus a bit extra for your troubles?? thanks

You can buy them from pcwzrd13 here but they only work with usa modems. But luckily you can use a usa dreamcast modem with a pal dreamcast.

http://www.dreamcastlive.net/mobile/shop.html

He does ship outside us but you'll have to pay shipping. I highly recommend getting a usb powered one so you dont keep having to buy new batteries.

Alternatively Tact can mod your usb dial modem and build it in the modem itself for around $10 but youll need to ship your modem to him if you do this. His mod also only works with usa modems

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Post#24 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks Xiden, i gues the postage to the uk would be pretty expensive,do you know anybody in the uk on here that would make one?? cheers