Hello, can someone please help me out?

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Horgoth[NL]
noob

Hello, can someone please help me out?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Hello there everyone! My name is Hotse, I'm male, 20 years of age, currently living in the UK but originally from Holland - and I'm into Retro Gaming. Recently I discovered that PSO is still running. I never got to experience PSO in its glory days (I was too young damnit), though thanks to these private servers I might still get a taste of what it was like - so I'm really excited to try it out. However, I don't own any of the 'equipment' that is needed to get my Dreamcast online, nor am I a real wizkid (the language barrier surely plays its role as well). I've read about DreamPi and some necessary software, yet I could really use a step by step guide from someone - basically regarding 'How to get your PAL Dreamcast Online to play PSO in 2017'.

So, just to clarify, I just want to play PSO (v1 or v2, doesn't matter), no other online Dreamcast games. If there are people selling complete kits please let me know as well, I'd rather outsource that kind of work.

Nice to meet you all! :)

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Hello, can someone please help me out?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:16 am

everything you need to know is at dreamcast live.. note the link to the shop where you can buy a pi kit..

http://www.dreamcastlive.net/connection-guide.html

RXShorty
photon blast

Post#3 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:09 pm

To try PSO before buying a DreamPI setup is trying the PC version?
Though the Dreamcast version has something more magical ;)

I am also Dutch, so if you want to play online I will connect my DreamPI and play :)
DreamOn!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:30 pm

Yup dreamcastlive recently has PAL line voltage inducers for sale , Raspberry Pi 3 (older ones sure can but may as well be all used) , a microSD 8 gig for good measure to write the DreamPi OS to it

And then it's all plug and play . OH . OH OH OH . But in PAL territories your power outlets are different yes ? Uhm .. :oops:

Check if that Amazon listing has options for power !

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Yes, most require 18-volts as opposed to the 9-volts we use in non-PAL areas.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Return to “New Member Introduction”