Here comes a new (PAL) challenger

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrBlueSky
fire

Here comes a new (PAL) challenger

Post#1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:41 am

Good morning everyone !

MrBlueSky, proud owner of a Dreamcast since 2002. The console was the first my brothers and I bought with our own money. Because of the system's discontinuation we got it for fairly cheap and were able to start a nice little game collection. But buying a Dreamcast meant much more. It was our tribute to a great developper and a message to all the XBox and PS2 owners: "SEGA c'est plus fort que toi" as we say in France (SEGA is stronger than you) 8-)

Back in the days we couldn't connect the DC to the internet (we only had Dreamkey 1.5 and no internet at home in order to gather some information) but I promised myself to try one day. And it finally happened !
Thanks to the amazing Dreampi I managed to play a first round of ChuChu Rocket on Thursday and some Worms World Party with Elesa, Jako and Shuouma yesterday.

My brothers and I will share the account The Blues Brothers on Dreamcast Now ! and you will certainly see us play WWP or Chu Chu Rocket. We also have PSO, Quake III and Starlancer but give us some time as we are total noobs :oops:

Last but not least does the regular PAL version of the Next Tetris support online gaming or should I go for a dedicated NTSC online edition?

See you soon and thank you to this amazing community for making online gaming on the Dreamcast possible again !
Dreamcast Now: The Blues Brothers

Maliki
lithium

Re: Here comes a new (PAL) challenger

Post#2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:50 am

MrBlueSky wrote:"SEGA c'est plus fort que toi"

:mrgreen: I love that!
Kurupt FM wif a K like... 108.9 on ya dial u mugz <3

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#3 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:58 am

what??! no AFO, Pool or 4X4!!!?

j/k ;)

hopefully see you on PSO or Q3A sometime!!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:02 pm

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay! :)

MrBlueSky wrote:Last but not least does the regular PAL version of the Next Tetris support online gaming or should I go for a dedicated NTSC online edition?

Unfortunately the PAL version of Next Tetris doesn't have an online mode. You'll noticed the removal of the "Online Edition" subtitle on the PAL version.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

MrBlueSky
fire

Post#5 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Thank you for your warm welcome !

Don't worry HuntrRosse, AFO, Pool, 4x4, Planet Web, Toy Racer etc. are on the wishlist. Just have to find the games or a "way" to play them ;)

Thank you for the clarification pcwzrd13 hope I still manage to play Tetris online. I'm a true freak of the Game Boy version and even if it's different on the Dreamcast, Tetris is still Tetris.

(bye the way great videos and website pcwzrd13, very informative. Thank you for your work)
Dreamcast Now: The Blues Brothers

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:21 pm

Welcome Mr. Blue Sky.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#7 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:43 pm

That was also SEGA's slogan in Portugal: "SEGA, é mais forte que tu!" ;-)

Return to “New Member Introduction”