Gylippus' Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

gylippus
shadow

Gylippus' Collection

Post#1 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:04 pm

I have loved Sega for a long time but I grew up in a rather poor family so I never really managed to get anything when it was brand new except for the Genesis. I remember saving up money for that Genesis and loving Phantasy Star II. Unfortunately, I moved a lot growing up and when I was in my early 20s so I lost my Genesis, Master System, and my Turbografx with CD attachment. Still unhappy about losing my Turbografx. My friend sold it when I was in Basic Training. God, I loved my copy of Ys I and II. That blew my mind at the time. Anyway, when I got in the Army and got money I bought a Dreamcast in the late 1990s and a Neo Geo Pocket. I am not a hardcore collector. My Dreamcast sat in the closet for a long time. Then ... I had kids. My son is to the point where he likes playing Sonic Adventure so I started getting a few games here and there. I normally just buy games I like, so I am not seeking for a full collection. Here is what I have so far:

Evolution - The World of Sacred Device
Jet Grind Radio
Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage
Super Magnetic Neo
Grandia II
Atari Anniversary Edition
Carrier
Samba de Amigo - With the special controllers
Skies of Arcadia
Shenmue
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
Space Channel 5
Star Wars - Jedi Power Battles
Fur Fighters
Draconus Cult of the Wyrm
Dino Crisis

Neo Geo Pocket (All games in box)
Biomotor Unitron
Sonic Adventure
Cotton
Pac Man
Metal Slug
Dark Arms
Neo Geo Cup 98 Plus
Card Fighters Clash, SNK version
Neo Turf Masters
Dive Alert Becky's Version
King of the Fighters
Match of the Millennium

In the near future I would like to get the Neo Geo Pocket - Dreamcast link cable but they are rather expensive on eBay. I also tend to like platform type adventure games on Dreamcast since that is what my son likes. I read that Evil Twin is cool, yet again, expensive. Anyway, I know it is nothing compared to some of the collections here but I am getting there one game at a time.

P.S. I would also like to get Cannon Spike. My son likes Mega Man and it looks super cool. Yet again, expensive :)

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: New Guy Collection

Post#2 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:24 pm

I'd get powerstone 1 and 2 and virtua tennis. Great games to play multi-player with your son.
Some nice games in that list- I never had a neo geo pocket colour but saw them in a shop on launch day.

shinerbock
fire

Re: New Guy Collection

Post#3 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:07 am

Looks like your collection is off to a great start! Man, I feel you on the Turbografx 16. I also had that system with the CD attachment as well, and Ys Books I and II was probably the most mind-blowing game I'd ever experienced up to that point. I also had a handful of Japanese imports at the time (I think I ordered them out of a mail-order catalog???), though somehow I completely missed out on Dracula X, which REALLY would have blown my mind at the time since I was a huge Castlevania fan. Anyway, I ended up selling my system and entire library, I think so I could buy a Playstation when it came out. I SO wish I had all that back.