Xenocider/Project Q

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#31 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Thanks for posting the progress. I'm looking forward to following this project, hopefully with frequent updates. Did you already choose a publisher for Ameba and this one? Or are you aiming at self-publishing?

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#32 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:38 pm

Nice video Carlos! I have big hopes for this project! :D
I have a question. Xenocider will be unrail shooter right? It is possible to choose a different paths? Like on this desert stage show us on video from one path to pass from inside of Pyramid or the other from river of nile something. :D

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#33 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:49 am

Omnibot2000 wrote:Thanks for posting the progress. I'm looking forward to following this project, hopefully with frequent updates. Did you already choose a publisher for Ameba and this one? Or are you aiming at self-publishing?

Not really ready or allowed to reveal this just yet, but both options are pretty much fine for us.

We are looking forward to giving you guys frequent updates as well. I think we have learned from other devs/publishers and our goal is to be as transparent and communicative as possible with our potential fans/buyers. I mean, if there's delays, there's delays, people understand that, and if there's some feature we need to drop or something we need to add, we will let people know and act accordingly.

DarkSynbios wrote:Nice video Carlos! I have big hopes for this project! :D
I have a question. Xenocider will be unrail shooter right? It is possible to choose a different paths? Like on this desert stage show us on video from one path to pass from inside of Pyramid or the other from river of nile something. :D

I have big hopes myself :P

Man, that's a great question. We hadn't really considered that, but... ok, let me tell you guys a litte detail. The game is / will be designed in such a way that, when you defeat a stage boss, you get to choose which planet you go next. Like, you just defeated world 1, you choose between 2 and 3. You choose 2, then you choose between 4 and 5 and can't go back to 3 (and the worlds to choose you from there).

I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly or I just made things more confusing... :mrgreen:
Last edited by hombreimaginario on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#34 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:08 am

hombreimaginario wrote:Not really ready or allowed to reveal this just yet, but both options are pretty much fine for us.

PM on the way ;)

hombreimaginario wrote:
Omnibot2000 wrote:ok, let me tell you guys a litte detail. The game is / will be designed in such a way that, when you defeat a stage boss, you get to choose which planet you go next. Like, you just defeated world 1, you choose between 2 and 3. You choose 2, then you choose between 4 and 5 and can't go back to 3 (and the worlds to choose you from there).

I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly or I just made things more confusing... :mrgreen:

Nice, that sounds like the "level branching" of Darius (or later Night Striker S), great concept for more replay value :)

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#35 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:12 am

Omnibot2000 wrote:great concept for more replay value :)

That's the idea. We want an old-school arcade feel and to allow users to have fun on a short play, but also that they feel like coming back to explore the other worlds they did not visit last time.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#36 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:34 pm

Mayor thumbs up for implementing level branching, Xenocider is going to bring the Dreamcast indie scene to a new level for sure!

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#37 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:04 am

Wombat wrote:Mayor thumbs up for implementing level branching, Xenocider is going to bring the Dreamcast indie scene to a new level for sure!

Well, let's hope it does. Sturmwind and Wind & Water set the bar really high IMHO :)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#38 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:13 pm

We are looking forward to giving you guys frequent updates as well. I think we have learned from other devs/publishers and our goal is to be as transparent and communicative as possible with our potential fans/buyers. I mean, if there's delays, there's delays, people understand that, and if there's some feature we need to drop or something we need to add, we will let people know act accordingly.

This is really all we ask. Delays, while they suck, happen and people are fine with the delays as long as it's communicated why. For the record I don't doubt you wouldn't communicate with the community in the first place.

It is so refreshing though to see a different genre on the DC. Looking forward to it!

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#39 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

**Working on a little something while waiting for another little something to be posted.**

Yeah, too much information, I know :lol:

Charlton
Anarki

Post#40 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:47 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:
Omnibot2000 wrote:Thanks for posting the progress. I'm looking forward to following this project, hopefully with frequent updates. Did you already choose a publisher for Ameba and this one? Or are you aiming at self-publishing?

Not really ready or allowed to reveal this just yet, but both options are pretty much fine for us.

We are looking forward to giving you guys frequent updates as well. I think we have learned from other devs/publishers and our goal is to be as transparent and communicative as possible with our potential fans/buyers. I mean, if there's delays, there's delays, people understand that, and if there's some feature we need to drop or something we need to add, we will let people know and act accordingly.

DarkSynbios wrote:Nice video Carlos! I have big hopes for this project! :D

I have big hopes myself :P

Man, that's a great question. We hadn't really considered that, but... ok, let me tell you guys a litte detail. The game is / will be designed in such a way that, when you defeat a stage boss, you get to choose which planet you go next. Like, you just defeated world 1, you choose between 2 and 3. You choose 2, then you choose between 4 and 5 and can't go back to 3 (and the worlds to choose you from there).

CAN NOT FRIGGEN WAIT FOR BOTH OF RETRO SEMUS GAMES TO HIT THE DREAMCAST AND MAYBE EVEN SATURN! THEY LOOK LIKE SOMETHING THAT CAN CAPTURE MY ATTENTION AND KEEP IT! LOVE THAT YOU GUYS ARNT AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING NEW IN THE INDIE MARKET. KUDOES TO YOU.