Xenocider/Project Q

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DreamcastHaven
undertow

Re: Xenocider/Project Q

Post#41 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Wow this looks really cool, this might be the first Dreamcast indie game(apart from harmony of darkness that is!) to interest me so far! :D So questions: will the game have a DVD case or official Dreamcast style case(jewel case), what would the price be?, will you guys make more games after this?, please post a trailer type vid!, will there be online(I know this might be hard but if you do it extra kudos!) and just for you know this game surpasses Sturmwind because it's 3D and I hate shumps! :D

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#42 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:24 am

Daniel Horvath aka 108stars, who did the pixel art for Pier Solar, interviewed me the other day for NexGam. The interview was conducted in english but there's also a german translation (as the website's in german, obiously). A couple new details emerge. You can read it here:
http://www.nexgam.de/Dreamcast-Saturn/I ... Sumus.html

Pages 1-2 are in german, 3-4 in english.

Hope you like it! :)

--

Charlton wrote:CAN NOT FRIGGEN WAIT FOR BOTH OF RETRO SEMUS GAMES TO HIT THE DREAMCAST AND MAYBE EVEN SATURN! THEY LOOK LIKE SOMETHING THAT CAN CAPTURE MY ATTENTION AND KEEP IT! LOVE THAT YOU GUYS ARNT AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING NEW IN THE INDIE MARKET. KUDOES TO YOU.

Thank you! :)

DreamcastHaven wrote:Wow this looks really cool, this might be the first Dreamcast indie game(apart from harmony of darkness that is!) to interest me so far! :D So questions: will the game have a DVD case or official Dreamcast style case(jewel case), what would the price be?, will you guys make more games after this?, please post a trailer type vid!, will there be online(I know this might be hard but if you do it extra kudos!) and just for you know this game surpasses Sturmwind because it's 3D and I hate shumps! :D

Well, the time for choosing a packaging style hasn't come yet, but I guess NGdevTeam's way is fine: regular and limited edition, both in dvd case, the latter including the OST. We may go for cd jewel case though. So yeah, what do you guys think? :D

We will do everything we can to make sure the price is similar to other indie releases for the DC. A Saturn version for Ameba, though, would have to be more expensive as it will be far more complicated for us tu produce and manufacture.

We haven't considered online features. I'm not discarding anything, mind you, I just don't think we can afford it. Unless we go the Kickstarter route and it's a huge success and perhaps an online mode is one of the stretch goals or something, I don't know.

Man, Sturmwind its awesome :P

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#43 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:49 pm

Dev Diaries #3!

Want to know what the enemies in Xenocider will look like?

http://retrosumus.com/2015/10/dev-diari ... my-design/

Make sure to watch until the end! :)

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#44 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:58 pm

I love the sting ray, it's one of my fav fish 8-)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#45 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Thats very very awesome Carlos!!! :D We are sitting on fire now! lol

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#46 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Looks nice. Can we get some bullrabbits in there? :)
Bullrabbits are what I tell my nieces live in the field nearby! :?

Charlton
Anarki

Post#47 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:00 pm

you guys are thinking maybe even possibly having online functions?! wow!

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#48 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Cool stuff. Even though pretty much everything when it comes to game development is over my head, from a technical standpoint that is, it still fascinates me.

Since someone brought up packaging, and you mentioned NG:Dev.Team's, will the spine of the case match that of the Japanese DC style?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#49 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Looks great guys keep up the amazing work!

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#50 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:24 pm

Thank you guys! The reactions to the video have been great so far. We weren't sure if people would dislike how everything looks, being in such an early stage of development :)

DCGX wrote:Since someone brought up packaging, and you mentioned NG:Dev.Team's, will the spine of the case match that of the Japanese DC style?

That's what I'd like and that's the style I'm designing our placeholder covers in. But we'll try to give fans what they like best.