SLaVE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: SLaVE

Post#151 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:41 pm

dreamcast-news wrote:We are 100% agree with you !

But... but on the release date, why have lied from the first day ?

So if say the next Iphone is delayed,,you start saying apple lied about it?
That's just how the world works bud, making a game (or aby piece of hardware for that matter) is not an exact science, it is done when it is done (remember how Sturmwind "only" took 6 years to come out) or would you rather end up with a broken product?

dreamcast-news wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:Please god,

erf :?

What?
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Goatdan
shadow

Post#152 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:15 pm

dreamcast-news wrote:We are 100% agree with you !

But... but on the release date, why have lied from the first day ?

I'm confused by your posts.

Someone on page 12 posted the big update we sent then. It stated in it exactly what happened - we rushed to announce for 9/9 and the game was working in emulation at that time. Unfortunately, putting it onto physical media and into a physical Dreamcast, which we ran out of time to do to make that announcement date, caused it to crash at the menu. Obviously, unacceptable.

We originally thought the delay would be short and a few bug fixes would get it going. Due to what I feel like is a combination of the original programmer needing to stop for personal reasons and the bugs being more difficult than the minor fixes we expected them to be, the engine ended up needing to be totally rewritten from scratch.

We informed people of the steps along the way. We're at the point where the game is running on Dreamcast hardware. There are still bugs in the engine that are regularly being addressed. Due to the nature of this, I don't have an estimate on when we'll be done. That's not lying, it's simply out of my hands and I don't want to misrepresent what is happening.

None of that is "lying" about the release date.

We made a mistake announcing it when we did. I own that. It sucks. Believe it or not, we're losing a significant amount of money because of it. (Shipping rates have gone up significantly and we are eating those on every order already placed when they ship. We do this as a second "job" - both Gary and I have day jobs too - and we do it because we believe in it.)

We are more than happy to refund anyone who wants their money back.

On the engine I can reveal just a couple things... First, we are working on incorporating a few more things to it. There are still bugs like I've mentioned that are being ironed out, but so long as it doesn't add significant time, we're working on some little tweaks too. Additionally, when the engine is perfected, it should make it a lot easier for us to use it properly in future releases.

We learn with every release that we work with the developers on. Again, for those of us who understand and appreciate the process, thank you. I am excited to bring this project to a close to get it in your hands, and then for whatever may be next :-)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#153 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Goatdan wrote:
DCGX wrote:As someone that did preorder the LLE version, and I think I speak for most, we agree with holding back the game until it is right. It does no one any good, us or the devs, to have a game with issues.

Understandably, not every update can be a revelation. But something every few weeks, like just a reminder to the community that progress is still be made, I think would suffice. Some devs go months, and I think that's what frustrates people.

So damned if you do, damned if you don't, yeah, but something is better than nothing.

That's my theory, actually. The goal is to never go more than 90 days without some sort of update. I try to shoot for 45. I'd rather remind you what we are doing than just let it go. If that causes people to remember they don't yet have the game and ask for a refund, so be it.

Honestly, the GOAT Store has never made any money off our publishing model and the delay to SLaVE means we'll probably be in that situation again even with a sell out. We do it because we honestly believe in the system and games we're doing, and we're hoping people decide to pick up another item or two while they are at our site.

I can't find a :thumbs up: emoji, but that's what I'm doing.

I think in general anyone making games for retro/discontinued systems expecting to make big profits is delusional. It's a labor of love situation or a means to a bigger end, I agree.

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#154 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:31 pm

@Dan: thanks for registering here and talking to us. Personally, I'd like to be informed once a month. I don't need massive updates with videos or screenshots, a "we're still working on it" is enough. Just don't repeat the mistakes of other publishers, please continue to be communicative.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#155 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:45 pm

I'll have to pre-order this soon- good things come to those that...

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#156 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:33 pm

Another update was emailed out. Nothing new, just talking about more bugs being squashed.

Really want to see some new footage soon.

Sent from my SCL21 using Tapatalk

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#157 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:57 am

Yes, no news in fact :

Hey Everyone!

We are still creeping toward the finish line! I know that this period can be frustrating, and I sincerely thank you for continuing to hang out with us. Doing a bug hunt on games can be frustrating, as the changes are things that often times aren't seen, or seen only in rare occasions. While it's easy to get excited to hear that there is a new level added or something like that, no one gets excited to hear that you just solved a problem that will make the game not crash in one of 100 times you play it or something like that, however it is a critical phase of the production of any game - or, perhaps I say it was a critical phase, before consoles could download updates to the games after they were released... but quite frankly, after having tried playing my Xbox One recently and needing to wait over an hour for the system and then the game to update, I have come to perhaps appreciate the bug hunt phase a little more.

Anyway, I can tell you that we have worked a few new things into the engine recently, including a few new control schemes. Progress is being made daily to squish bugs that arise, and then search for more. We are all rather confident that very soon, the will be complete - but until we know exactly how the bugs shake out, it's impossible to know.

As always, if you decide you can't stick with us any more, no problem! Please just reply to me, and we'll work through refunding your money.

Thanks again for your support!
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

ConnorORT
shadow

Post#158 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:55 pm

Hey guys, in case you missed it there was a recent update for SLaVE and my main theme for the game was released which can be heard on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Y1sVu55K0. Hope you like it!
Connor O.R.T. Linning - Game Developer & Soundtrack Composer
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube, Soundcloud, Twitch, Bandcamp

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#159 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Sounds sweet!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#160 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:27 am

Just remembered recently I need to change my shipping address for my Preorder .

Any updates on the status of this game?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Return to “New Games”