Deer Avenger fundraiser

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

krssn
Metallic

Re: Deer Avenger fundraiser

Post#31 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:24 am

mazonemayu wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:Pardon my french but what the fuck is this import charges bullshit on ebay.

it is something new, it covers A) the custom charges when you order something abroad, and is B) printed/written on the outside of the parcel so C) customs simply let it pass in stead of holding it there for a few days/weeks. so it is actually a good thing ;)

Good thing my ass. There was a time you used to be unlucky 10 percent of the time and not paying customs 90 percent of the time. Ever since eBay started their Global Shitting Program customs have less work to the point that now even non-eBay items get taxed almost every time. At least where I live. Which again makes me happy I already have most if not all of the games I ever want. I pity those who have to start collecting in this day and age. Everything overpriced, and virtually unavoidable custom taxes for imports...

As a retro gamer I never minded the wait to be honest. Never saw the point in getting antsy because I had to wait 2 weeks for a 15 years old game...

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#32 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:06 pm

That's not true, nobody forces you to buy a game from a seller who offers the custom thingy, just buy it from somebody else thenand take the gamble, I've bought various things abroad this year, for which I did NOT pay the customs thingy, all of them arrived just fine and I didn't have to pay any extras. So it's basically still a lottery thing, nothing has changed compared to the past if you're lucky wtuff still arrives free of charges...the only difference is that now you have a choice...
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#33 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:16 pm

mazonemayu wrote:That's not true, nobody forces you to buy a game from a seller who offers the custom thingy, just buy it from somebody else thenand take the gamble, I've bought various things abroad this year, for which I did NOT pay the customs thingy, all of them arrived just fine and I didn't have to pay any extras. So it's basically still a lottery thing, nothing has changed compared to the past if you're lucky wtuff still arrives free of charges...the only difference is that now you have a choice...

Yeah, bizarrely I only get hit with customs charges from canada. What's the e.u got against Canada? I paid 43 percent taxes on an item. Insane. Three times they dud that. I dont buy from canada anymore. It was a robbery. 43 per cent...

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#34 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:32 pm

Tax robbery...where's Adam Ant when you need 'em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2a6l6wM2k
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

krssn
Metallic

Post#35 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:00 pm

Sometimes the item you want is not available from a seller without GSP leaving you either the choice of losing out on the item or paying for the custom thingy.

Guess you're more lucky than me Mayu. Quite literally almost everything that can get taxed gets taxed in my case nowadays. Even small items. Nothing seems to slip through the net anymore. Don't think I've had a package from the US not being taxed in years. Admittedly, purchases are far and few between, but still...

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#36 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:11 am

So, I wonder what happened to this (demo) game since it was purchased for $500.00. Whoever bought it has not issued an utterance of any kind.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#37 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:10 am

I completely forgot about this.

thedoctor45
lithium

Post#38 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:So, I wonder what happened to this (demo) game since it was purchased for $500.00. Whoever bought it has not issued an utterance of any kind.

I'm not surprised tbh. I've tried to contact wunderbread in hopes of getting some info on the buyer but he's not responding to any of my messages. He's got the money after all so why should he...
Someone from this community should have just bought the game imho. I'm sure he or she would have been able to get at least some of the money back at some point with the help of a public foundraiser of some kind.
Now all we're left with is just another missed opportunity.
Last edited by thedoctor45 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roel
Developer

Post#39 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:32 am

Dodged a bullet, more like.

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#40 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:02 am

LoL what happened to this game?
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

Return to “New Games”