Deer Avenger fundraiser

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: Deer Avenger fundraiser

Post#11 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:10 pm

At this stage his actions show he doesn't feel comfortable inviting someone with the right tools and skills over to his place to check it out nor does he want to send the disc to someone capable to look into it. Blatantly ask for $1000,- in funds without actually knowing it works just doesn't sit right with me, I have no troubles with supporting one but the way this is setup doesn't sit right with me.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#12 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Agreed. Also as evidenced by the fact that the go fund me has made zero dollars since it was started on May 14.

To avoid needing a system disc 2, Is it possible to do the disc swap trick with a retail GD ROM? You bypass the disc lid button and swap the retail GD disc to the GDR right after it verifies the authenticity/security ring??

Just a through because I've heard of people doing that to play Saturn backups.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#13 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Seems daft. Does he really think people would fall for this? But meh, its an average game anyhow... now scud racer... that would be something...

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:24 pm

Here's the big question...who knows of their qualification and ability to do this on their own? Seems like they are going to "learn on the fly"...if this is their intent. Most likely, after getting their money, at best, they would likely give it to someone to do it anyway (ripped-off). If they really wanted this out and were/are fans of the DC, then leave it in the hands of the experienced people at DC Junkyard or here at DC-Talk.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#15 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:26 pm

I think he wants all credits and i completely understand that because if/when the GD-R is dumped by someone else there is a chance that all credit goes to a person(s) who made a dump and all discussions about the game move to places when a gd-r owner is not registered and may even do not know about so he
may lose some attention he deserves etc. Anyway there's no hurry so lets see if he figures out something.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#16 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:13 pm

I think he's a pure greedy capitalist and could care less about the credit...but I'll go with hope that he figures it out...if he even is capable (he is an American who is very bad at writing his own language correctly, but hey, who knows...).

I do hope this game sees the light of day...looks like a fun game to play!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#17 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Any word on this game? I see the gofundme isn't getting anywhere.
Last edited by The-Amazing-Mr_V on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#18 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Hopefully I am wrong and our heroes who care so much about the Dreamcast will save us.

This suspiciously has gone silent, btw.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#19 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:36 am

I completely forgot about this. Ah well.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#20 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:57 am

Welp, the game's now on eBay. Only $500! Bargain! :-P

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/deer-avenger- ... SwsS1Zk1UI
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Return to “New Games”