"In The Line Of Fire" - Support the Kickstarter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Re: "In The Line Of Fire" - Support the Kickstarter

Post#31 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:16 am

:-)
11 days, it's going to be difficult. :?
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#32 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:03 pm

I really want to see this one succeed, just upgraded my pledge to the "all versions of the game"-tier.

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#33 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:30 am

I talk with Wilson over email a few days back. I don't want anyone to take this as "OH SO I DON'T HAVE TO SUPPORT THE KS BECAUSE IT'S HAPPENING ANYWAYS" because that is not the takeaway from this. anyways, worst case scenario, the KS campaign fails. A that point I will work out a deal with Wilson and Pearson to continue funding the game as I did from the start.

I want to make this clear though, If that route happens, it will be a long time before the game comes out since I am only one guy and my investment resources are limited.

If wants to talk to me about this further, please pm me

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#34 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:01 am

Just throwing in my 2 cents regarding the Kickstarter.

I get the impression that they went to Kickstarter a bit too soon. Looking at the video and the campaign description, I feel like they didn't have too much to show yet and convince people about the game. We see the same 1 stage, with the same 2-3 enemies, and the same 1 pistol being used. A lot of things are only mentioned, like the "Unique combat mechanics", the "Snake/Tactical camera", using the different team members. They are never demonstrated in action, which would be key imo to convince potential backers.

The controls/button layout are never explained, that one image with the controller confuses me more than anything (if the action buttons are used for selecting team members, how do you move your character?). They don't mention what peripherals can be used with the game (keyboard + mouse would be a perfect fit, yet no mention, only in the comments).

As a 3D game engine on the Dreamcast, it's pretty impressive, but as a game, it's just simply not. Or at least not yet in its current state. That's not to say it can't become one, but for me personally I just can't see what the developers envision because the game is still so early in development and thus they can't show it off.

Sure, games have been kickstarted that have shown even less, but those were usually targeted at a much larger audience and/or by world renowned developers (Bloodstained, Mighty No. 9, Yooka Laylee).

TacT
Uber

Post#35 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:52 am

I guess it takes a lot more marketing and kissing butts especially to such a smaller group of people. And a lot of this community stick to forums that unfortunately don't have like ad space and banners to put around might have helped. and places like assgames doesn't like these kinds of things posted all over either.

I'll still try to help make this happen even if it takes a couple years to finish =)

it's still thinking.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#36 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 am

Another thing is I think the DC community is facing crowd funding / pre order fatigue.

Many of us here, myself I included have a lot of money tied up in DC games we are waiting on. Most being on schedule, except for Sl@ve and Elysian Shadows.

I preordered this immediately, and will be quite sad if it fails. But if it does they can always try again after a little more progress is made.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#37 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 am

And there was a lot of projects with promise not kept : release date (slave, ES, Dynamite Dream, Redux...), game mode deleted (TGB)...
We pay that.
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#38 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:39 pm

The only thing we can do is signal boost the KS for the next couple days

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#39 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:47 pm

I shared it on facebook. That's about as social I get online other then here.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#40 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:33 pm

Ah well. It looks as though the campaign will not succeed. Pity. I hope you guys can keep the project alive - maybe do a pre-order situation like Xenocider?