Are the Goat Store published games any good?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Goatdan
shadow

Re: Are the Goat Store published games any good?

Post#21 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Thanks guys!

We definitely want to release a great product - like I said, we turned down other projects in the past because of issues they had that the developers did not want to fix (some that people would be surprised by), I just am disappointed that we thought we had a date and then didn't deliver. I know that happens with indie projects, but we do our best to announce them after they are a lock.

In the future, expect us to greatly be expanding our Dreamcast used selection on our store. We are focusing on expanding a few systems at a time, and we are currently working on bringing in significantly more Dreamcast titles for the future :-)

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#22 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:36 pm

Goatdan wrote:In the future, expect us to greatly be expanding our Dreamcast used selection on our store. We are focusing on expanding a few systems at a time, and we are currently working on bringing in significantly more Dreamcast titles for the future :-)

I like where this is going. :D

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#23 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Im really excited for slave and incredibly anticipating hypertension. Goatstore games are great in that they offer a different set of genres in regards to dc homebrew at great prices. Im happy to see them coming back into publishing.

The slave delay is dissapointing, but like others id rather not get a broken game.

Sent from my SCL21 using Tapatalk

Impulse
Admin

Post#24 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:01 am

Goatdan wrote:Thanks guys!

We definitely want to release a great product - like I said, we turned down other projects in the past because of issues they had that the developers did not want to fix (some that people would be surprised by), I just am disappointed that we thought we had a date and then didn't deliver. I know that happens with indie projects, but we do our best to announce them after they are a lock.

In the future, expect us to greatly be expanding our Dreamcast used selection on our store. We are focusing on expanding a few systems at a time, and we are currently working on bringing in significantly more Dreamcast titles for the future :-)

Hey Dan welcome to the forums! Thanks for joining us.

Really great to hear about the future of the Goat Store and SLavE! I'm particularity looking forward to that as I have a pre order in ;) I'll make a news post as soon as we hear about the release date 8-)
-Impulse

mstar
Doom

Post#25 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:28 am

Can anyone link me to that 5-pack? Tried looking it up in the store and... failed...

Probably should get new glasses or something :)

noiseredux
Power Stone

Post#26 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:18 am

mstar wrote:Can anyone link me to that 5-pack? Tried looking it up in the store and... failed...

I pointed out earlier that it's not listed anymore and Dan said he didn't realize it had been taken down already.

Goatdan
shadow

Post#27 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:09 am

Yeah, sorry. It's down until we can make a trip to our storage area to dig around and see if we have more than 15 copies of a couple of our games left.

And I'm not being cagey, I totally don't remember what games I couldn't find there last time.

mstar
Doom

Post#28 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:33 am

noiseredux wrote:
mstar wrote:Can anyone link me to that 5-pack? Tried looking it up in the store and... failed...

I pointed out earlier that it's not listed anymore and Dan said he didn't realize it had been taken down already.

Oh, meh - but at least no new glasses needed :)

Anyways, looking forward if you find any in your warehouse :)

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#29 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Good to have a guy from the store in here! Thanks for the info. Its hard to know what your'e getting into with some of these indie folks. I wanted to get in on the SHMUP wave but they are a little pricey. I found it refreshing that they were all so reasonable priced. Good on you for the severing ties for folks who can't deliver. The way the inter webs works I surely would have heard about a negative experience.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#30 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:54 pm

I just pre-ordered slave and I live in Ireland - just saying but 18 euros for postage seems a bit high? The priority postage option is hardly viable - its more than double the cost of the game?
Can ye guys offer cheaper postage choices than this?

Thanks