Gunlord - "The Biggest Retro Game Launch Ever!"

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Gunlord - "The Biggest Retro Game Launch Ever!"

Post#21 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:All the same guys...

still, I wouldn't want to compare a game like last hope or gunlord to the likes of DUX :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#22 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:27 pm

mazonemayu wrote:
elmagicochrisg wrote:All the same guys...

still, I wouldn't want to compare a game like last hope or gunlord to the likes of DUX :lol:

You obviously missed my point...

EDIT No wait, don't want to piss you off. Lemme try that again...

Sorry to break this to you buddy but I'm pretty sure you missed my point...

;)
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#23 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:47 pm

lol, I see what you did there ;) yeah I think I did, so go on what is it cos I honestly did miss your point, not that its an issue!! I'm interested to hear what you think if you've played it yet too

btw, here you go!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMomSxYCNUg[/youtube]
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#24 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:59 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:lol, I see what you did there ;)

:P

DCUltrapro wrote:yeah I think I did, so go on what is it cos I honestly did miss your point, not that its an issue!!

No, even though the tongue-in-cheek part was meant for you, but the 'missed my point' remark was meant for mazone...

Check my reply back on page one. I think you missed it.. ;)

DCUltrapro wrote:I'm interested to hear what you think if you've played it yet too

Nope, didn't buy it. Don't like the level design either from what I have seen on Youtube. And this has nothing to do with who made the game. I didn't like the level design in Pier Solar either. Can't quite explain it...

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#25 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:11 pm

well shit... how dumb am I? you know I completely missed your reply about Duranik! let me read and then I might know what the fcuk is going on lol... *walks sheepishly out the door hoping no one notices*

me stoooopid lol

*EDIT..... and the penny drops... I'll get me coat lol

point of fact if you watch my channel magico you'll see I have a lot of love for Jaguar and I own a pretty good catalogue of games...

sega_SHARK
photon blast

Post#26 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:34 pm

I'm kinda disappointed that they changed the intro from "Bitches" to "Your are cute." I guess it keeps with the whole "lost in translation" thing.

Gunlord as a whole is okay, it's entertaining. The manual (although full color) could have had more information in regards to power ups and "tactics" :lol: .

It's solid for what it is, a sixteen bit style plat former. If you are expecting 16 bit star wars, or sonic style gameplay or super metroid awesomeness look elsewhere.

If you want a sixteen bit style plat former that was released for the dreamcast this month, then this is right up your alley.

Nice Captain Britain Shirt.

:D
Say Guh

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#27 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:45 pm

lol, thanks I got it in ASDA :geek: I quite like the game so far, its a nice little package and makes a nice change of pace from all the same ol shooters we get on dc

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#28 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:02 pm

snuggle_SHARK wrote:I'm kinda disappointed that they changed the intro from "Bitches" to "Your are cute." I guess it keeps with the whole "lost in translation" thing.

It's no 'all your base are belong to us' but still, I don't understand how mistakes like that get in the final version. I mean, did none of the testers notice this?...

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#29 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:25 pm

On another forum, NG Dev team posted and said that the intro text was done this way on purpose as an homage to hastily translated 90s game intros.

I think NG Dev is pretty enthusiastic and passionate about most of their games. By their own words, they said that nearly all profit from Fast Striker went into the development of Gunlord. They've also invested a 5 figure sum just into the cartridge PCB design now used in the neo geo cartridges for their games. It's not insignificant money or time for them to make these games, and I think with the "limited editions" and all that, rather than fleecing their customers, they are knowledgable and strategic for their niche market of the kinds of users of antique video game systems - AKA hardcore collectors and die hards who live for rare and expensive games and unusual games. You only have to look at the Reduxgame page, where fans are literally requesting posh stuff like a limited edition with a metal DVD case, to see that this is all about giving people what they want. No one forced Mayu to buy the Dragon box ;) Especially when they provide the normal version of the game in an easily accessible and much more affordable way.
Last edited by dark on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#30 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:30 pm

dark wrote:On another forum, NG Dev team posted and said that the intro text was done this way on purpose as an homage to hastily translated 90s game intros.

This is your 666th post. Maybe it's a sign... lol

No, seriously. It's like the answer Alanis gives when people tell her there's nothing ironic about Ironic...

"I know. That's what makes it ironic."

There's just no telling if that explanation is true or not...
Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.