PD Film: Sherlock Jr. by Buster Keaton Presented by NeoDC

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

RetroGP
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

Re: PD Film: Sherlock Jr. by Buster Keaton Presented by NeoDC

Post by RetroGP »

Not sure if anybody might be able to assist, but I am trying to get a 10 track music video album created for the DC. It's a Retrowave album with some pretty cool visuals. I was able to create a bootable disc using https://github.com/alex-free/video2drea ... tag/v1.1.1, which is actually really cool but having it be a near 40 minute file without controls isn't ideal.

So I tried to follow this guide, https://gitlab.com/HaydenKow/mil-cd-info and no matter what I try the end result is that the Dreamcast boots up to the SEGA Licensed screen, and then resets to the home menu.

Side note - If I burn the Sherlock movie, it works flawlessly.

I think that this section in the guide is where I am getting stuck. I think it has something to do with the bootfile.bin / and the 1MILSFD bin files in the Data folder. I am not sure that the include Bat files are doing it correctly. I have tried every variation of the Batch files but none seem to output a file that is bootable. Has anybody done this process with success?

Final Steps
Back to the SOFDEC subdir

Edit the "MILDSFD.PLY" file and add your new information under the "[VideoTrack]" section
Move the video and any others into the SOFDEC Folder
Move your newly created PVR images into the same SOFDEC Folder
edit "bootfile.bin", it is simply an "IP.BIN", to change name
edit the "make_iso.bat" and "make__skinny_iso.bat" files to change the volume name from CUSTOM_MILCD to whatever you'd like

Mil-CD Video Player

Audio Tracks & Video tracks under Mil-CD Menu_

This Variant has NO music tracks, but otherwise works fine
Execute "make_skinny_iso.bat" to make a simple audio/data LBA 11702 iso
Execute "make_skinny_cdi.bat" to transform that into a simple .cdi

Anyway, if anybody has any advice I would really appreciate it as I think I am super close here. I am using Verbatim media and using IMG Burn, but I have also tries Alcohol RAW DAO and still a no go. Thanks in advance!
mrneo240
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Available to play any game, working on gathering them.

Post by mrneo240 »

RetroGP wrote:Not sure if anybody might be !
Would you be willing to share privately your assets so I can attempt?

Also you are required to use the provided tools, there are some strict requirements that aren't obvious when making the cdi.

Those tools set that up correctly for you.
RetroGP
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online

Post by RetroGP »

Yes of course, thank you! I will compile a folder and send you a PM with a link.
RaphaelDrewBoltman
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None at the moment.

Post by RaphaelDrewBoltman »

im also having the same issues when creating a MIL-CD. im using the same GitLab info altho with tools that i use to mod Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes.
is anyone still available to help me regarding this issue? ill be glad to know more about custom MIL-CD creation.
RAPHAEL DREW BOLTMAN
Anonymouse
Outtrigger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3, Toy Racer, Planet Ring, Chu Chu Rocket, 4x4 EVO. AlienFront Online, Worms World Party

Post by Anonymouse »

RetroGP wrote:Not sure if anybody might be able to assist, but I am trying to get a 10 track music video album created for the DC. It's a Retrowave album with some pretty cool visuals. I was able to create a bootable disc using https://github.com/alex-free/video2drea ... tag/v1.1.1, which is actually really cool but having it be a near 40 minute file without controls isn't ideal.

So I tried to follow this guide, https://gitlab.com/HaydenKow/mil-cd-info and no matter what I try the end result is that the Dreamcast boots up to the SEGA Licensed screen, and then resets to the home menu.

Side note - If I burn the Sherlock movie, it works flawlessly.

I think that this section in the guide is where I am getting stuck. I think it has something to do with the bootfile.bin / and the 1MILSFD bin files in the Data folder. I am not sure that the include Bat files are doing it correctly. I have tried every variation of the Batch files but none seem to output a file that is bootable. Has anybody done this process with success?

Final Steps
Back to the SOFDEC subdir

Edit the "MILDSFD.PLY" file and add your new information under the "[VideoTrack]" section
Move the video and any others into the SOFDEC Folder
Move your newly created PVR images into the same SOFDEC Folder
edit "bootfile.bin", it is simply an "IP.BIN", to change name
edit the "make_iso.bat" and "make__skinny_iso.bat" files to change the volume name from CUSTOM_MILCD to whatever you'd like

Mil-CD Video Player

Audio Tracks & Video tracks under Mil-CD Menu_

This Variant has NO music tracks, but otherwise works fine
Execute "make_skinny_iso.bat" to make a simple audio/data LBA 11702 iso
Execute "make_skinny_cdi.bat" to transform that into a simple .cdi

Anyway, if anybody has any advice I would really appreciate it as I think I am super close here. I am using Verbatim media and using IMG Burn, but I have also tries Alcohol RAW DAO and still a no go. Thanks in advance!
This sounds neat.Will you be making it publi?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart