Dreamcast Games Translation - Megathread

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Re: Dreamcast Games Translation - Megathread

Post by fraggle200 »

fafadou wrote:I'm sorry, I didnt find the dino crisis patch made by @megavolt85 that's adding analog.

May someone would help me please ?
this one?
https://mega.nz/file/aVRQXTAQ#EU2CX6sU7 ... 5PSWlFyrXA

It was posted in the "Gdemu/Dreamshell Collection PT. 1: USA & PAL Retail" replies.

Stringer_bell
lithium

Post by Stringer_bell »

bekoruler wrote:I've started to poke about with Bounty Hunter Sara, considering I have been waiting years for a translation, thought I might as well give it a shot.
If all else fails, at least I will have something for others to work off.
Great news to hear!

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

fraggle200 wrote:
fafadou wrote:I'm sorry, I didnt find the dino crisis patch made by @megavolt85 that's adding analog.

May someone would help me please ?
this one?
https://mega.nz/file/aVRQXTAQ#EU2CX6sU7 ... 5PSWlFyrXA

It was posted in the "Gdemu/Dreamshell Collection PT. 1: USA & PAL Retail" replies.

Thank you very much :)

bekoruler
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by bekoruler »

Bounty Hunter Sara Update
A small amount of progress, but still progress! :D
Going to focus on translating,and then I need to work out, how to do half width font.
And see what decides to go horribly wrong for me :lol:
Attachments
Original
Original
Test
Test

ateam
Animated Violence

Post by ateam »

bekoruler wrote:Bounty Hunter Sara Update
A small amount of progress, but still progress! :D
Going to focus on translating,and then I need to work out, how to do half width font.
And see what decides to go horribly wrong for me :lol:
I tried taking a look at this game a long time ago but could never figure out the font tile spacing code. From my notes, I wrote down that the game was displaying each tile at 32x32px, though I'm not at all sure if that's the size of the font glyphs themselves (i.e., inside the font sheet).

Also, at 0x8C359964 in RAM is the font tile counter that increases as each character is rendered on screen. When a new line of text is rendered, the counter resets to 0.

However, this counter is part of some giant array of data and thus no direct references to it could be found in Ghidra. Usually finding code that writes to this type of counter (i.e., adds 0x1 as it renders each character) is a good way to narrow down where the tile spacing code may also reside.

Sadly, I was never able to get that far. I do recall trying to modify the few 32.0 floats (0x42000000) stored in the game executable just to see if I'd get lucky, but alas I did not.

Wishing you the best of luck!
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

bekoruler
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by bekoruler »

ateam wrote:
I tried taking a look at this game a long time ago but could never figure out the font tile spacing code. From my notes, I wrote down that the game was displaying each tile at 32x32px, though I'm not at all sure if that's the size of the font glyphs themselves (i.e., inside the font sheet).

Also, at 0x8C359964 in RAM is the font tile counter that increases as each character is rendered on screen. When a new line of text is rendered, the counter resets to 0.

However, this counter is part of some giant array of data and thus no direct references to it could be found in Ghidra. Usually finding code that writes to this type of counter (i.e., adds 0x1 as it renders each character) is a good way to narrow down where the tile spacing code may also reside.

Sadly, I was never able to get that far. I do recall trying to modify the few 32.0 floats (0x42000000) stored in the game executable just to see if I'd get lucky, but alas I did not.

Wishing you the best of luck!
That's some realy useful info, at leady now, I have more to work with than before.
And I need as much luck as I can with it!
Thank you :)