USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

megavolt85
Developer

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by megavolt85 »

ok, i'm test it, thanks for report
MoeFoh wrote:Could you add Ikaruga to the analog stick support list?
do you mean the analogue control patch like for Dino Crisis?

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

megavolt85 wrote:ok, i'm test it, thanks for report
MoeFoh wrote:Could you add Ikaruga to the analog stick support list?
do you mean the analogue control patch like for Dino Crisis?
Yes: https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 20#p184946

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

pcwzrd13 wrote:I think I found a bug with VMU emulation and Maximum Pool. The game won't boot (black screen) if a flash drive is plugged in. If the flash drive is removed, the game boots up fine. Can anyone else confirm this?
fixed
USB4MAPLE(PS4 fix, VMU fix).7z
(47.54 KiB) Downloaded 25 times

lilkuz2005
shadow

Post by lilkuz2005 »

Hey @megavolt85, would it be possible to add one of these usb A female ports to the pi pico? I have seen some people adding usb C ports to the test pads on the back of the pi pico boards. I ordered a 4 pack of dreamcast extension cables to cut up for this project to prevent hacking up a dreamcast controller.
IMG_20240425_091934305.jpg

DreamState
blackout!

Post by DreamState »

Are their any plans at all to implement a standalone VMU instead of needing to use a controller in tandem to have it work? I use an Xbox One controller wirelessly (which I believe cannot be setup using this adaptor), so it would be beneficial for me to keep the controller I currently have and have a VMU emulated. Thanks.

rpf16rj
undertow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Ooga Booga, Tetris Online, Alien Front, 4x4 Evo

Post by rpf16rj »

megavolt85 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:I think I found a bug with VMU emulation and Maximum Pool. The game won't boot (black screen) if a flash drive is plugged in. If the flash drive is removed, the game boots up fine. Can anyone else confirm this?
fixedUSB4MAPLE(PS4 fix, VMU fix).7z
This version also fixed a problem on Sega Rally 2 when saving.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

lilkuz2005 wrote:Hey @megavolt85, would it be possible to add one of these usb A female ports to the pi pico?
I already answered in discord, but I’ll duplicate it here in case someone wants to do the same.
Yes, you can solder an external USB-A to the control points, the main thing is to disconnect all devices from USB-A at the time of flashing
DreamState wrote:Are their any plans at all to implement a standalone VMU instead of needing to use a controller in tandem to have it work
no, I don't plan to make this possible, but you can connect a keyboard or mouse to the adapter and then the VMU will work

Vespa
shadow

Post by Vespa »

UPDATE - DO NOT FOLLOW DIAGRAM, SOFTWARE USB IS NOT SUPPORTED:
megavolt85 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:29 am
Vespa wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 am Hey friends, does this wiring look correct to add a USB A to the Pico Zero?
no, it won't work that way
usb connects to gp0, gp1 only when using software usb and I am using hardware usb so you need usb otg
Hey friends, does this wiring look correct to add a USB A to the Pico Zero?
Also, is it worth adding a Schottky Diode (1N5817) somewhere, perhaps between the Pico and the USB-A VCC line? Thanks for any help
Last edited by Vespa on Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

@Megavolt Can you upload the Waveshare Zero version with the new fixes? I got a couple Zeros that don't work with the regular firmware. It seems random because it's out of a pack of them. Maybe 1/8 need the special firmware.

Also, is there any way you can make one firmware that works with both? That way people don't need to guess which one they have?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live