USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

megavolt85
Developer

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by megavolt85 »

if you have a wireless x360 controller, then check with it.
I suspect that the wired controller is not getting enough power.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Grabbed one of those Mayflash Magic-NS Lites and can confirm it works great! Even works with a Wii Remote and Nunchuck! :lol:

https://twitter.com/pcwzrd13/status/1781014218206023719
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

MoeFoh
Uber

Post by MoeFoh »

pcwzrd13 wrote:Grabbed one of those Mayflash Magic-NS Lites and can confirm it works great! Even works with a Wii Remote and Nunchuck! :lol:

https://twitter.com/pcwzrd13/status/1781014218206023719
:P :P :P

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

pcwzrd13 wrote: I don't have a GDEMU to test that. I'll have to wait for your DreamShell implementation. :)
unpack and replace /DS/modules/
isoldr.zip
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Works great @megavolt! Nice job! Tested with Alien Front Online, 4x4 Evo, Fur Fighters, Worms World Party, and Tony Hawk 1 & 2. All created unique .bin files. :)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Xerxes3rd
fire

Post by Xerxes3rd »

For the Maple extended info check, I see OpenMenu checking against two strings:
"VM2 by Dreamware"
"USB RP2040 EMU "
Maybe also check against the string "VM2 Compatible " so any other custom memory emulators can report this to get the functionality, without claiming to be a VM2 or your RP2040?

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Xerxes3rd wrote: Maybe also check against the string "VM2 Compatible " so any other custom memory emulators can report this to get the functionality, without claiming to be a VM2 or your RP2040?
i don't think this is a good idea, if someone develops a device with switchable banks, they will definitely want their name or the name of the adapter to be in this field.
It would be easier to write to me and I will add the required comparison line to openmenu and dreamshell.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post by MoeFoh »

megavolt85 wrote:if you have a wireless x360 controller, then check with it.
I suspect that the wired controller is not getting enough power.
Turns out not to be a power issue. Switched to a powered hub and still no rumble. I had to re-insert the controller cable to get rumble working with a hub. For my test, I did this at the main screen of the game. Works with or without the hub being powered.

For reference with my setup (hub, flash drive & wired controller) was drawing about 220mA out from the adapter when rumble was activated in unpowered hub mode. In powered hub mode almost no current was drawn from the adapter.

As a side note - for those looking buy the Mayflash Magic NS 2 or Magic NS Lite adapters, don't expect rumble to work from a game. Just the way it is. You'll get verification rumble when the bluetooth connection is made and that will be it. Thought I'd throw that out there in case it's a deal breaker.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

MoeFoh wrote: Turns out not to be a power issue.
have you tested other games? Is this problem only in 4 wheel thunder or in other games too?

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

4 wheel thunder supports all axes mode, the second stick can be assigned to any action without any problems.
This is the third game with support for the second stick