Doom for DC FAQ

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Re: Doom for DC FAQ

Post#41 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:52 am

so is there a problem with Doom4DC? I have a version from a year or two ago that I burned to disc and have since burned a few others, I think I also have it on my SD card, and I have a BBA, is it compatible with BBA? and whats all this stuff about WAD files?
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#42 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:08 am

DCUltrapro wrote:so is there a problem with Doom4DC? I have a version from a year or two ago that I burned to disc and have since burned a few others, I think I also have it on my SD card, and I have a BBA, is it compatible with BBA? and whats all this stuff about WAD files?

Answers to all these questions would be just dandy! Would love to play doom online sometime ;)
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

surfofsyn
shadow

Post#43 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Aww it is sad i cant play doom i wonder if i will ever be able to play it online again i only have dial up for the dc i play it all the time over the xbox doomdx but no one is ever on there :(.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#44 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:31 am

no ones really responding to this one, I'd really love to know if its all working ok? I read the first thread and I've got a copy of Doom for DC somewhere but I think its pretty old and might not be the right version, is it worth downloading it again? Impulse... any ideas?
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Impulse
Admin

Post#45 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:15 am

I played a game for a short time. It didn't last long becuase the connection was choppy. I think it's best played locally. This was years ago though. Did you guys try following my directions?
-Impulse

Impulse
Admin

Post#46 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:29 am

DCUltrapro wrote:so is there a problem with Doom4DC? I have a version from a year or two ago that I burned to disc and have since burned a few others, I think I also have it on my SD card, and I have a BBA, is it compatible with BBA? and whats all this stuff about WAD files?

It is compatible with the BBA. And it is finicky. I had to get on the phone with the person I was trying to connect with just to time it right, etc.
-Impulse

Impulse
Admin

Post#47 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Looks like this might explain why networking function stopped working:
From Chilly Willy at DCEMU: "I added an option to the GUI - Load Game Presets. This pops up a file requester that shows what's in /cd/presets/. You select a settings file and it sets all the settings to what's in the file or their default (if not specified). It works great! But now networking isn't working again. :x I updated KOS from the repo recently and noticed that lwip doesn't compile anymore (conflicts in a few different h files). Doom doesn't hang, it just sits a long time, then times out and says there's no network connection. This worked fine before... I suspect it has something to do with why lwip doesn't compile; changes were clearly made in the networking that has broken things."

The latest version he has for download must be the one that doesn't work. Maybe I can find the older one and re-upload it.
-Impulse

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#48 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi can someone please help me? I been trying to burn this game for awhile and have had no success. (I can download the file but I need help with making it play) If someone can please do a step by step guild on how to burn this game that would be dandy! :mrgreen: I really want to play this game and go online with it. Thanks

68k-dude
dark night

Post#49 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Doom for DC.

I would like to give this a go.

So, being an online capable game, does that mean some co-op modes?

Google time.
PSO Character:

Kasworon - lvl 142 HUmar - GC# 13874

pokegta225
shadow

Post#50 » Mon May 02, 2022 12:46 am

been looking for this :)