nintendo 3ds doomed?

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

nintendo 3ds doomed?

Post by craziestrufis »

RiilihShimo
stalker

Re: nintendo 3ds doomed?

Post by RiilihShimo »

There are so many defects with the 3DS its not even funny.
The inside screen gets easily scratched (top screen) when the 3DS is CLOSED.

Also the 3D effect is bugged

Nobody wants to pay 259.99 for a defective 3DS. (I got mine for $200 thank you ebay!)
Many people have trouble with the screen and have had to have it replaced. I didn't have that problem but however, the 3D is bugged.

The 3DS does not have a picture editor and a bigger screen, such as the XL. I'm sure it hurts the price as well. In Japan they HAVE a photo editor right on the 3DS but not here in the USA.

OR

Nintendo plans to make 3DS XL
Hence the price drop, But I doubt it because ive only seen a $20 difference in price for the DSI / XL
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post by RiilihShimo »

OR nobody has the money to buy the games. Nobody wants to play an awesome game on a bugged system.
08/16/11[<3]

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Wow, I had no idea 3DS had all those manufacturing problems. Thanks for the info.

Shimo, Haneda is getting information from a source that is disputing SEGA's return to the hardware business(I am skeptical of these reports), so for now I will focus on the KIDSPAD since the trademark is expected to be updated in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway back on topic, I think another issue with 3DS is that traditional handhelds are becoming obsolete. Smart Phones and Tablets are taking over the mobile market. I suspect if this trend continues, PS Vita may flop too.

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Post by Mephiles550 »

Nintendo loses 25.5 billion yen! that's equal to 328 million

http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1184696p1.html

This isn't really horrible for Nintendo since there many mansions are made of solid gold and they use 100$ bills as napkins and 20$ as toilet paper...
Still this is the worst situation they have been in since the early times of the NES and when the genesis was outselling the SNES

I'm laughing my ass of at the people who are saying that nintendo's going to become the next sega :lol:

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post by RiilihShimo »

MrSega wrote:Wow, I had no idea 3DS had all those manufacturing problems. Thanks for the info.

Shimo, Haneda is getting information from a source that is disputing SEGA's return to the hardware business(I am skeptical of these reports), so for now I will focus on the KIDSPAD since the trademark is expected to be updated in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway back on topic, I think another issue with 3DS is that traditional handhelds are becoming obsolete. Smart Phones and Tablets are taking over the mobile market. I suspect if this trend continues, PS Vita may flop too.
Your welcome.
I think your right. Handheld consoles are something nobody is really into at the moment. Also, most of them are either cheaply made or the games are not made to boost sales.
08/16/11[<3]

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Post by Mephiles550 »

Excluding kidspad or whatever it is... What handheld do you think I should buy? the NPG/vita or the 3ds? For the hardware the NPG has 250$ is a PERFECT price! Right now the 3ds costs 250$ which really doesn't make much sense...he'll there lowering the price to 169.99$ in a bit so doesn't that just prove that it's price was meant to be a money stealer?

NPG has a good list of games but the game on the 3ds are looking amazing! Mario 3ds look's like the Mario platformer I always wanted! Mario galaxy in the mushroom kingdom instead of space and no gravity gimmick!

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Mephiles, I personally think the only way for Nintendo to save face with 3DS is to give it a smartphone redesign. I mean don't get me wrong I think Nintendo's handheld techology is flawless(it's what they are perfect at) but on 3DS they kinda dropped the ball on this one.

In regaurds to another handheld besides SEGA Kidspad that would be worth investing in, PS Vita isn't a bad idea. Its got alot of promise. The thing is that its possible that consumers may be too imersed in smartphones and tablets to want to invest in a new PSP.

SegaNews
fragger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Post by SegaNews »

I'd buy a Sega Nomad or Gamegear ;) but for a new one I agree the PSVita seems pretty sweet!
Sega make the console!!! I Saved $500 now in order to buy it!

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Mephiles550 wrote:Excluding kidspad or whatever it is... What handheld do you think I should buy? the NPG/vita or the 3ds? For the hardware the NPG has 250$ is a PERFECT price! Right now the 3ds costs 250$ which really doesn't make much sense...he'll there lowering the price to 169.99$ in a bit so doesn't that just prove that it's price was meant to be a money stealer?

NPG has a good list of games but the game on the 3ds are looking amazing! Mario 3ds look's like the Mario platformer I always wanted! Mario galaxy in the mushroom kingdom instead of space and no gravity gimmick!
Here's the KIDSPAD trademark:

http://www.trademarkia.com/kidspad-85249514.html

Here's what it may look like:

As http://thehaena.com/sub3.html

As for the current handhelds, I'd say PS Vita.