SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

Post#51 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:44 pm

It's always hard to gauge how Sega conducts their business. We know now that all of those patent moves have resulted in the re-releases of our beloved Dreamcast games. It would be great if they released more classic DC games at the arcade level to promote the possible future of a new console...one that supports old DC games like Sony, Microsoft and Wii.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

MrSega

Post#52 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:49 pm

RiilihShimo wrote:
MrSega wrote:
sega2k wrote:Well we shall see what will happens in the near future. But if they "are" testing the market with this hardware. And you say that the new sega console is supposed to be debuted at JAMMA in septermber. Then that wouldnt be enough time to see if people would truly like it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I said that the arcade variant of the console will be annouced in September, not the console itself. The console itself will likely be annouced in March 2012.

Lets hope it will be announced on March 17th 2012! That would be my 20th birthday! :D Lol that would be epic!

That would be awesome! A lucky birthday present for you!

BTW, SEGA is wrapping up thier mutliplatforming as we speak and its preparing for thier final quarter as a sole multiplatform publisher.

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#53 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:16 pm

MrSega wrote:

BTW, SEGA is wrapping up thier mutliplatforming as we speak and its preparing for thier final quarter as a sole multiplatform publisher.

No, they aren't.

The only source for that is SegaLeaks, and the financial statements they link to as a source don't even have 2012 written anywhere in them. You don't have to even read it. Just open up the link and use the find function searching for "2012." I say 2012 because you earlier said they would cease development by 2012.

Even if it's sooner than 2012, the document SegaLeaks used as a source says nothing about ceasing third party development regardless.

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#54 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:29 pm

[/quote]

I said that the arcade variant of the console will be annouced in September, not the console itself. The console itself will likely be annouced in March 2012.[/quote]

Lets hope it will be announced on March 17th 2012! That would be my 20th birthday! :D Lol that would be epic![/quote]

BTW, SEGA is wrapping up thier mutliplatforming as we speak and its preparing for thier final quarter as a sole multiplatform publisher.[/quote]

It sure would! And thats great! :D
I wonder what will happens in the final quarter.
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

MrSega

Post#55 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:22 pm

comradesnarky wrote:
MrSega wrote:

No, they aren't.

The only source for that is SegaLeaks, and the financial statements they link to as a source don't even have 2012 written anywhere in them. You don't have to even read it. Just open up the link and use the find function searching for "2012." I say 2012 because you earlier said they would cease development by 2012.

Even if it's sooner than 2012, the document SegaLeaks used as a source says nothing about ceasing third party development regardless.

SEGA will ship its final two 3rd party console titles this fall. Anarchy Reigns and London 2012.

FYI, I've been saying SEGA will leave the non mobile,non digital multiplatform business since last year. Well before SegaLeaks/SNW was reporting it.

MrSega

Post#56 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:23 pm

A formal public annoucement on the KIDSPAD is expected in a couple of weeks. I'll update on what SEGA says they will use it for.

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#57 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:53 pm

MrSega wrote:
SEGA will ship its final two 3rd party console titles this fall. Anarchy Reigns and London 2012.

FYI, I've been saying SEGA will leave the non mobile,non digital multiplatform business since last year. Well before SegaLeaks/SNW was reporting it.

That doesn't make it any more valid than if it came from there.

They're not leaving multi-platform publishing. Stop backpedaling. You've been saying that they would be wrapping up third party publishing BY fall. Now they have these two games coming out plus that new Sonic game which isn't Sonic 4 Episode 2 (seriously, if it was there would be a Wii logo in that trailer).

Why why why why why can't you just drop this pigheaded SEGA IS DOING THIS FOR SERIOUSLY stuff and just talk about this stuff just for fun?

PS - Hi admins! Looks like another one of my posts has been reported. Seriously, is there anything in this post that warranted the clicking of that little exclamation mark?

MrSega

Post#58 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:38 pm

May couldn't come any sooner. I look forward to finding out the truth about KIDSPAD.

MrSega

Post#59 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:46 pm

This explains Gamers Day as well as KIDSPAD public unveiling. SEGASammy will finally annouce thier 2010 fiscal earnings on May 13.

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/etc/ ... index.html

michael799a
noob

Post#60 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:36 am

thanks for post