SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

Post#11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:44 pm

RiilihShimo wrote:
sega2k wrote:This is not what I was looking forward too. I don't want a tablet, I want a console. I guess they can cut out Sony and try to compete against Nintendo

I completely agree! I want a console, not a tablet. I heard the tablet is aimed towards kids.

Like I said, the rumor is that the SEGA Neptunia will be out next year.

BTW, KIDSPAD will be a niche game tablet, marketed as a family friendly alternative to the I-pad.

MrSega

Post#12 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:04 pm

SEGA's suppossed hardware roadmap:

Product A

Subsidiary Name – SEGA TOYS CO., LTD.

Project Name – KIDSPAD

Target Market – Mobile Entertainment

Launch Date- Year end 2011

Product B

Subsidiary Name – Sega Corporation

Project Name – Neptune

Target Market – Consumer Gaming

Launch Date – Q4 2012

Product C

Subsidiary name – Sega Corporation

Project Name – Model 4/SEGADRIVE

Target Market – Amusement

Launch Date – Q4 2011 / Q1 2012

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Post#13 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:00 pm

I've heard all these rumors for the last 2 years that sega is going to drop a console. I just want to "hard" facts, that I can actually see. Right now segaleaks is a joke and Haneda has been missing for a months. Who knows Haneda could Brian H or Zach. First it was CES 2011 and that happened. So if at the end of the year and there is no news, then I give up.

MrSega

Post#14 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:12 pm

sega2k wrote:I've heard all these rumors for the last 2 years that sega is going to drop a console. I just want to "hard" facts, that I can actually see. Right now segaleaks is a joke and Haneda has been missing for a months. Who knows Haneda could Brian H or Zach. First it was CES 2011 and that happened. So if at the end of the year and there is no news, then I give up.

Haneda posts an entry like every once in a while.

http://segaleaks.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/856/

http://segaleaks.wordpress.com/2011/03/ ... erization/

So Haneda isn't missing. He's now a contributor there as well, don't get me started on BrianH. He's a absolute disgrace and no they are all not the same person.

Haneda had stated last fall that there would possibly be an annoucement of a RingEdge device at CES 2011, not that it would happen.

Don't give up sega2k. This new trademark is evidence that SEGA does have something in the works. We both know KIDSPAD is real. SEGA has money to carry another consumer hardware product.

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Post#15 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:49 pm

Well it looks like stu has shot down all the claims that Sega will join the console wars. Also, if sega is the ONLY one using ray tracing, don't you think thats going to make it harder on them? Because everyone else will be using regular 3D graphics ? It seems like most developers will just work with the big 3 and just kick sega to the curb. Only if sega proves to everyone that this is the way of the future and somehow gets everyone on board with them (which is going to be extremely hard). I hope sega joins the console wars by the end of this year. Even if they have money to make a silly KIDSPAD. Do really think they will generate enough money or have money to fund a powerful console like the segadrive or whatever its going to be called.

MrSega

Post#16 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:17 pm

sega2k wrote:Well it looks like stu has shot down all the claims that Sega will join the console wars. Also, if sega is the ONLY one using ray tracing, don't you think thats going to make it harder on them? Because everyone else will be using regular 3D graphics ? It seems like most developers will just work with the big 3 and just kick sega to the curb. Only if sega proves to everyone that this is the way of the future and somehow gets everyone on board with them (which is going to be extremely hard). I hope sega joins the console wars by the end of this year. Even if they have money to make a silly KIDSPAD. Do really think they will generate enough money or have money to fund a powerful console like the segadrive or whatever its going to be called.

First of all, Stu IS NOT to be trusted or believed, he's a crude,obnoxious mean spirited Pro-Sony troll, who twists an spins facts so they can fit his claims and resorts to insulting and bullying anyone who disagrees with him Second, we don't really know much about the KIDSPAD, so don't you think its unfair to call it silly? Wait and see what plans SEGA has for it.

SEGA has been working on thier next arcade board since 2009, in addition to that, they've been trying to design a development kit that lowers the cost of developing games, Also what if the machine is capable of ray tracing and sold for at least $300?Do you think it'll sell well?

I really think you should give Zach Morris the benifit of the doubt. This KIDSPAD story is the very first thing he reported that turned out to be true.BrianH has been the one causing trouble at SegaLeaks, before the Tsunami he was musing total anti-Nintendo/MS/Sony bias, it was after the Tsunami he started posting crude photos again. Remember back in the SNW days that one of thier reports claimed a RINGEDGE digital console would use mobile specs, well judging by the KIDSPAD specs, they got all the sources mixed up.

MrSega

Post#17 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Sega2k. I have a bet for you: Haneda told me that SEGA will very very likely publicly annouce the SEGADRIVE arcade board at JAMMA 2011 This September, he told me if that happens, SEGA will start teasing and hinting about NEPTUNE/Neptunia to the gaming public.

If what he says does happen, then I would like for you to give Mr. Morris and Haneda the benifit of the doubt and to believe that the report might be true. BTW, I now go by 2 usernames there "ProjectNRT"(for mobile and "Project Neptune RT"(non mobile). I also visit a blog called "TheSegaFoundry" run by a british SEGA dedicated fan. Check it out!

http://thesegafoundry.wordpress.com
Also just to let you know, SEGA has indeed like I've stated set the year 2012 as the year they abandon all non mobile multiplatform 3rd party publishing. Right now, "London 2012" which will be shipped in October is on track to be SEGA's final official 3rd party console title. Though they might go for broke and cancell further 3rd party console plans beyond Q3 2011, making "Anarchy Reigns" its final 3rd party release in favor of KIDSPAD.

Both "London 2012", and "Anarchy Reigns" are being debated as SEGA's final 3rd party console releases.

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Post#18 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Alright man, I'm expecting sega to make an anncouncement at JAMMA in September. Also, thats the month of birthday so wouldnt that be a great birthday present. But I hope your boy Haneda comes through with the facts and is right. I can't stand being let down with all these rumors that keep popping up...

MistaBuck
letterbomb

Post#19 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:39 am

MrSega wrote:Also just to let you know, SEGA has indeed like I've stated set the year 2012 as the year they abandon all non mobile multiplatform 3rd party publishing.

ahem

Link to info or it never happened
Natural Harmonia Gropius

MrSega

Post#20 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:24 pm

MistaBuck wrote:
MrSega wrote:Also just to let you know, SEGA has indeed like I've stated set the year 2012 as the year they abandon all non mobile multiplatform 3rd party publishing.

ahem

Link to info or it never happened

They are leaving the non mobile 3rd party market after the final quarter of 2011. You shall see it happen, mark my words.