SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrSega

Re: SEGA files NEW hardware trademark!

Post#41 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 am

WRONG again, Comarade. On the website trademarkia.com every video game hardware trademark description has the exact same description. If you read the US GOV Patent.gov description like I listed as a source because trademarks there are more specific you wouldn't go around claiming you know its a PICO like device.

KIDSPAD is a trojan horse. Its a family friendly mark aimed at the Wii crowd, nowhere did I or does the mark sound like the game tablet is being marketing it as a hardcore game tablet.

If anything, it sounds like a family friendly alternative to the I-pad.

Now go and study the mark again, the more specific USGOV one. Until then, you have lost this debate.

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:21 am

comradesnarky wrote:
RiilihShimo wrote:
Then start ur own rumors site, that is ur personal choice.

Purely a joke, but I probably could find some internet characters who would vouch as sources.

Yeah I would market a device called "Kids Pad", It IS aimed towards kids .. I see nothing wrong with it.

Yes, but MrSega seems to believe it to be a more mass market gaming device, not something kid focused, like say....the PICO. That's what I'm saying. It's like selling an HDTV that says "Dumbass Owner" on it, if it were to be a serious gaming device called Kids Pad. No one would buy it.

Thus, it's a PICO.

I didn't say anything about that, just my opinion. I'm not getting involved with this ... and that was a rude comment.
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#43 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:27 am

MrSega wrote:WRONG again, Comarade. On the website trademarkia.com every video game hardware trademark description has the exact same description. If you read the US GOV Patent.gov description like I listed as a source because trademarks there are more specific you wouldn't go around claiming you know its a PICO like device.

KIDSPAD is a trojan horse. Its a family friendly mark aimed at the Wii crowd, nowhere did I or does the mark sound like the game tablet is being marketing it as a hardcore game tablet.

If anything, it sounds like a family friendly alternative to the I-pad.

Now go and study the mark again, the more specific USGOV one. Until then, you have lost this debate.

It's not a trojan horse. You register a trademark when you have the intent to use it, or if you want to make some money when someone else wants to buy it. The Wii crowd is there because the device has appeal, not because of the naming. There's nothing about the Wii that says it's a kiddie machine. In fact, it has excellent marketing, and I think it's great at having a pretty neutral image.

Besides that, the Wii crowd is already invested in the DS pretty heavily.

Also, logical fallacy; expecting me to provide evidence it IS something like a PICO, when you can't prove that it ISN'T a PICO.

show spoiler»

MrSega

Post#44 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:47 am

Sigh. Wii is not neutral. It is a family friendly system, owned by kids,girls,women and non gaming causal middle aged people.Henceforth Wii IS a family friendly console.

KIDSPAD sounds like it is going after that demographic.

You keep claiming its a PICO like device, when I keep explaining to you that in official trademark visible on the usgovpatent official website there's nary a description for aTV plug in device and educational game software in the goods and services when it all says electronic game tablet, electronic game software,handheld device.

If it was a PICO like device, you would seen a description for educational games only, Duh.

comradesnarky
stalker

Post#45 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:58 am

MrSega wrote:Sigh. Wii is not neutral. It is a family friendly system, owned by kids,girls,women and non gaming causal middle aged people.Henceforth Wii IS a family friendly console.

KIDSPAD sounds like it is going after that demographic.

You keep claiming its a PICO like device, when I keep explaining to you that in official trademark visible on the usgovpatent official website there's nary a description for aTV plug in device and educational game software in the goods and services when it all says electronic game tablet, electronic game software,handheld device.

If it was a PICO like device, you would seen a description for educational games only, Duh.

Sigh. The Wii is neutral. That's why millions upon millions of people have one. It appeals to all people. Families included.

It is a PICO like device. Maybe not literally. I don't think it's going to have a book and all that, but, it's going to be similar in purpose.

Duh.

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Post#46 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:16 am

Alright, ladies put the claws away and lets take a little break. Well we know its going to come out so lets wait and see what games come out for it AND to see if it even makes it to the US. For some reason I have a idea it will be a japanese exclusive, but I could be wrong. It if has games like leapfrog then its a joke and its for little kids. But if it has games like on the itunes app store and are pretty serious titles for the older crowd then this could be a sign that sega is testing the market for their hardware and whether or not they can be a success. I believe it will like the ipad for some reason. If they make it someting like the ipad, then they can get the kids and the older crowd..If its only for the little kids crowd then they lose a pretty big market in the older people. The name is deceiving, but we shall see. Lets look at what sega HAS done to test the water.

-release dreamcast games on XBLA and PSN
-selling dreamcast t-shirts
-Kids Pad (possibly)

MrSega

Post#47 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:37 pm

sega2k wrote:Alright, ladies put the claws away and lets take a little break. Well we know its going to come out so lets wait and see what games come out for it AND to see if it even makes it to the US. For some reason I have a idea it will be a japanese exclusive, but I could be wrong. It if has games like leapfrog then its a joke and its for little kids. But if it has games like on the itunes app store and are pretty serious titles for the older crowd then this could be a sign that sega is testing the market for their hardware and whether or not they can be a success. I believe it will like the ipad for some reason. If they make it someting like the ipad, then they can get the kids and the older crowd..If its only for the little kids crowd then they lose a pretty big market in the older people. The name is deceiving, but we shall see. Lets look at what sega HAS done to test the water.

-release dreamcast games on XBLA and PSN
-selling dreamcast t-shirts
-Kids Pad (possibly)

Here's some info on the SEGA Pico. What's interesting is that it wasn't even trademarked(I guess its a no brainer not to trademark a educational children's toy.)

http://www.allgame.com/platform.php?id=40

An annoucement on the KIDSPAD will come soon, judging by the trademark description its sounds like a game tablet simluar to the Apple I-pad since I-pad and KIDPAD trademark descriptions are simluar: First I-pad:

IPAD
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: handheld mobile digital electronic devices comprising a tablet computer, electronic book reader, digital audio and video player, electronic personal organizer, personal digital assistant, electronic calendar, and global positioning system (GPS) device, and capable of providing access to the Internet and sending, receiving, and storing messages and other data; user manuals in electronically readable, machine readable or computer readable form for use with, and sold as a unit with, the aforementioned goods; Computers, computer peripheral devices, computer terminals; computer hardware; computer gaming machines; computer components and accessories, namely, microprocessors, memory boards, monitors, displays, cables, modems, printers, disk drives, adapters, adapter cards, cable connectors, plug-in connectors, electrical power connectors, and driver software; blank computer storage media; blank magnetic data carriers; computer software and firmware, namely, operating system programs, data synchronization programs, and application development tool programs for personal and handheld computers; pre-recorded computer programs for personal information management; database management software, character recognition software, telephony management software, electronic mail and messaging software, paging software, mobile telephone software; database synchronization software, computer programs for accessing, browsing and searching online databases, computer hardware and software for providing integrated telephone communication with computerized global information networks; telephones; handheld and mobile digital electronic devices for the sending and receiving of telephone calls and faxes; cordless telephones; mobile telephones; parts and accessories for mobile telephones; facsimile machines, answering machines, cameras, videophones, telephone-based information retrieval software and hardware. computer software for the redirection of messages, Internet e-mail, and/or other data to one or more electronic handheld devices from a data store on or associated with a personal computer or a server; computer software for the synchronization of data between a remote station or device and a fixed or remote station or device; fonts, typefaces, type designs and symbols in the form of recorded data; blank chips, discs and tapes for recording computer programs and software; random access memory cards, read only memory discs; solid state memory apparatus, namely, computer memories; computer game and electronic game programs; accessories, parts, and fittings for, and electronic testing apparatus for testing the functionality of, all the aforementioned goods; accessories, parts, and fittings for, and electronic testing apparatus for testing the functionality of, mobile digital electronic devices comprising a tablet computer, electronic book reader, digital audio and video player, electronic personal organizer, personal digital assistant, electronic calendar, and global positioning system (GPS) device, and capable of providing access to the Internet and sending, receiving, and storing messages and other data; electronic testing apparatus for testing the functionality of all the aforementioned goods; user manuals in electronically readable, machine readable or computer readable form for use with, and sold as a unit with, all the aforementioned goods; hard disc drives; miniature hard disk drive storage units; pre-recorded audio video discs featuring audio, audiovisual, musical, multimedia and video works. CD-ROMs and digital versatile discs featuring computer software, computer programs, audio, audiovisual, musical, multimedia and video works; mouse pads; batteries; rechargeable batteries; battery chargers; chargers for electric batteries; headphones; stereo headphones; in-ear headphones; stereo audio speakers; audio speakers; audio speakers for home; monitor audio speakers; audio speakers for computers; personal stereo audio speaker apparatus; radio receivers, amplifiers, sound recording and reproducing apparatus, high fidelity stereo apparatus loudspeakers, multiple audio speaker units, microphones; compact disc players, digital versatile disc recorders and players, digital audio tape recorders and players; digital music and/or video players; radios; video cameras; audio, video, and digital sound mixers; radio transmitters; parts and fittings for all the aforesaid goods; bags and cases adapted or shaped to contain cameras and/or video cameras; mobile telephone covers; mobile telephone cases; mobile telephone cases made of leather or imitations of leather; mobile telephone covers made of cloth or textile materials; bags and cases adapted or shaped to contain MP3 players, hand held computers, tablet computers, personal digital assistants, global positioning system (GPS) devices, electronic organizers and electronic notepads
IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: photographs; stationery; stickers; printed publications, periodicals, books, magazines, newsletters, brochures, booklets, pamphlets, manuals, journals, and leaflets, all in the fields of entertainment, news, current events, history, sports, games, the media, cultural events and activities, hobbies, digital mobile devices, technology, gadgets, computer software, computer hardware, consumer electronics, telephones and telecommunications, multimedia apparatus and instruments, online retailing, and a wide range of topics of general interest; greeting cards; catalogues in the field of computer software; computer handbooks; computer hardware reference manuals; computer hardware users guide; catalogues featuring musical apparatus and instruments; music books; music instruction manuals; music magazines; excluding adhesives, adhesive tape and sheets

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: handheld unit for playing electronic games; playing cards;musical toys; toy musical boxes; toy musical instruments; toy record players for playing tunes and cassettes; electric computer games, other than those adapted for use with television receivers, namely, battery-powered computer game with LCD screen which features animation and sound effects; electrical and electronic amusement apparatus, namely stand alone and coin-operated amusement game machines; (automatic, coin/counter freed); electronic games being automatic, coin-freed or counter-freed, other than those adapted for use with television receivers, namely amusement game machines and stand alone video game machines; hand-held electronic games and apparatus, other than those adapted for use with television receiver only, namely hand-held games with liquid crystal displays; video games other than those adapted for use with television receivers only, namely coin-operated and arcade-type electronic video games; automatic and coin-operated amusement game machines; tabletop and floor-standing units for playing electronic games other than in conjunction with a television or computer; video output toys and games, namely stand alone video output game machines; musical toys ; stand alone video game machines incorporating a means of display; toy computers (not working); toy mobile telephones (not working); parts and fittings for electronic hand-held game units and for all the aforesaid goods

IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: telecommunication access services; communications by computer terminals; communication services between computers, namely, electronic transmission of data and documents among users of computers; electronic sending of data and documentation via the Internet or other databases; electronic transmission of news and data; providing telecommunication access to websites and electronic news services online allowing the download of information and data; providing telecommunication access to web sites on the Internet; delivery of digital music by telecommunications; providing wireless telecommunications, namely, transmission of voice, audio, visual images, and data, via electronic communications networks; wireless digital messaging, paging services, and electronic mail services, including services that enable a user to send and/or receive messages through a wireless data network; one-way and two-way paging services; teletext, telegram transmission, and telephone services; broadcasting or transmission of radio and television programs; provision of telecommunications access and the Internet; electronic transmission of streamed and downloadable audio and video files for others via computer and other communications networks; webcasting services (transmission); delivery of messages by electronic transmission; provision of connectivity services and access to electronic communications networks, for transmission or reception of audio, video or multimedia content; provision of telecommunications connections to electronic communication networks, for transmission or reception of audio, video or multimedia content; providing telecommunication access to digital music web sites on the Internet; providing telecommunication access to MP3 web sites on the Internet; delivery of digital music by telecommunications, namely, by electronic transmission; provision of telecommunications connections to the Internet or computer databases. electronic mail services; telecommunication of information, namely, computer aided transmission of information and images, including webpages ; video broadcasting, broadcasting pre-recorded videos featuring music and entertainment, television programs, motion pictures, news, sports, games, cultural events, and entertainment-related programs of all kinds, via a global computer network; streaming of video content via a global computer network; subscription audio broadcasting via a global computer network; audio broadcasting; audio broadcasting of spoken word, music, concerts, and radio programs, broadcasting pre-recorded videos featuring music and entertainment, television programs, motion pictures, news, sports, games, cultural events, and entertainment-related programs of all kinds, via computer and other communications networks; streaming of audio content via a global computer network; electronic transmission of audio and video files via communications networks; peer-to-peer network computer services, namely, electronic transmission of music, video, and audio recordings among computers via communication networks; providing on-line bulletin boards for the transmission of messages among computer users concerning entertainment, music, concerts, videos, radio, television, film, news, sports, games and cultural events; rental of telecommunication apparatus email services; news agency services for electronic transmissionl telecommunications consultation; facsimile, message collection and transmission services; transmission of data and of information by electronic means, namely, by computer, cable, radio, teleprinter, teleletter, electronic mail, telecopier, television, microwave, laser beam, communications satellite or electronic communication means; electronic transmission of data, namely, transmission of data by digital audio-visual apparatus controlled by electronic data processing apparatus or computers; information, advisory and consultancy services relating to all the aforesaid. provision of telecommunication access time to web-sites featuring multimedia materials; providing telecommunication access to databases and directories via communications networks for obtaining data in the fields of music, video, film, books, television, games and sports; providing users with telecommunication access time to electronic communications networks with means of identifying, locating, grouping, distributing, and managing data and links to third-party computer servers, computer processors and computer users; Internet access provider services

IC 042. US 100 101. G & S: Providing web-sites, via a global computer network, to enable users to program the scheduling of audio, video, text and other multimedia content, including music, concerts, videos, radio, television, news, sports, games, cultural events, and entertainment-related programs as they will be aired; design and development of computer hardware and software; computer hardware and software consulting services; rental of computer hardware and software apparatus and equipment; multimedia software and audio-visual software consulting services; computer programming; support and consultation services for developing computer systems, databases and software applications; graphic design for the compilation of web pages on the Internet; providing a website that features information on computer technology and programming; creating and maintaining web-sites; hosting the web-sites of others; providing search engines for obtaining data via communications networks; application service provider (ASP) services featuring software for use in connection with online music subscription service, software that enables users to play and program music and entertainment-related audio, video, text and multimedia content, and software featuring musical sound recordings, entertainment-related audio, video, text and multimedia content; providing temporary use of on-line non-downloadable software to enable users to program audio, video, text and other multimedia content, including music, concerts, videos, radio, television, news, sports, games, cultural events, and entertainment-related programs; providing search engines for obtaining data on a global computer network; information, advisory and consultancy services relating to all the aforesaid; provision of Internet search engines; creating indexes of online information, sites and other resources available on global computer networks for others. providing websites, via a global computer network, featuring technology that enables users to program the scheduling of audio, video, text, and other multimedia content, including music, concerts, videos, radio, television, news, sports, games, cultural events, and entertainment-related programs as they will be aired

Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 77913563
Filing Date January 16, 2010
Current Filing Basis 1B;44D
Original Filing Basis 1B;44D
International Registration Number 1039213
Owner (APPLICANT) IP Application Development LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400 Wilmington DELAWARE 19808
Attorney of Record Robert Cohen
Priority Date July 16, 2009
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

In case anyone's wondering, IP is a parent company subsary of Apple computer.

Now, SEGA's KIDSPAD mark once again:

KIDSPAD
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Handheld computers; Portable and handheld digital electronic devices for recording, organizing, transmitting, manipulating, and reviewing text, data, audio and video files; Video monitors for tablet computers and portable and handheld digital electronic devices; Computer programs; Recorded media for computer programs
IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Handheld games with liquid crystal displays; Electronic and mechanical game equipment; Handheld units for playing electronic games; Toys, namely electronic toy robots, games and playthings

Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 85249514
Filing Date February 23, 2011
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) SEGA TOYS CO., LTD. CORPORATION JAPAN 1-39 Hiroo 1-chome, Shibuya-ku Tokyo 150-0012 JAPAN
Attorney of Record Shauna M. Wertheim, Esq.
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Notice that I-Pad and KIDSPAD have the same IC(international class) Catogory.

sega2k
Graffiti Grind

Post#48 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Well we shall see what will happens in the near future. But if they "are" testing the market with this hardware. And you say that the new sega console is supposed to be debuted at JAMMA in septermber. Then that wouldnt be enough time to see if people would truly like it. Maybe I'm wrong.

MrSega

Post#49 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:23 pm

sega2k wrote:Well we shall see what will happens in the near future. But if they "are" testing the market with this hardware. And you say that the new sega console is supposed to be debuted at JAMMA in septermber. Then that wouldnt be enough time to see if people would truly like it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I said that the arcade variant of the console will be annouced in September, not the console itself. The console itself will likely be annouced in March 2012.

RiilihShimo
stalker

Post#50 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:36 pm

MrSega wrote:
sega2k wrote:Well we shall see what will happens in the near future. But if they "are" testing the market with this hardware. And you say that the new sega console is supposed to be debuted at JAMMA in septermber. Then that wouldnt be enough time to see if people would truly like it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I said that the arcade variant of the console will be annouced in September, not the console itself. The console itself will likely be annouced in March 2012.

Lets hope it will be announced on March 17th 2012! That would be my 20th birthday! :D Lol that would be epic!
Remember 9/9/99 forever. Keep dreaming.
08/16/11[<3]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-brin ... 6857503202