Someone please help my VGA to HDMI converter

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mugiwara
rebel

Someone please help my VGA to HDMI converter

Post#1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:09 pm

So I recently bought my VGA cables and they work beautifully and look spectacular. But the box I got that is VGA to HDMI makes the picture look great, but there an issue. The picture looks way to wavy and its very distracting and very annoying. Pleasee help me since I really hope there a solution to this problem.

((Hopefully the picture can show what I'm talking about, the god awful waves on screen is annoying.))
Attachments
1482973720243-714817121.jpg

Xiden
Developer

Re: Someone please help my VGA to HDMI converter

Post#2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Ive had nothing but bad experiences with vga to hdmi adding artificats on the screen. But the vga box you use could cause problems also. What box and converter are you using?

mugiwara
rebel

Post#3 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Xiden wrote:Ive had nothing but bad experiences with vga to hdmi adding artificats on the screen. But the vga box you use could cause problems also. What box and converter are you using?

I used this one SHENFAN 1080P Audio R/L VGA to HDTV Converter Box for TV Laptop PC DVD,5V1A Power adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019MRQ7OY/re ... zybYMC8X7J
At times I wished my TV supported VGA

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:57 pm

Are you using a toro box for your VGA out? I've noticed the Tomee VGA cables and retrobit VGA boxes make weird artifacts on the screen too. You could always connect Dreamcast to your PC monitor and see if the wavy crap is still happening to rule the box out at least.

Farmhouse
lithium

Post#5 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Do you have a PC or laptop with a VGA out you can test to see if it's doing the same thing?

If it IS than you know it's the VGA to HDMI. If it' doesn't, it's the Dreamcast VGA cable.

mugiwara
rebel

Post#6 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Farmhouse wrote:Do you have a PC or laptop with a VGA out you can test to see if it's doing the same thing?

If it IS than you know it's the VGA to HDMI. If it' doesn't, it's the Dreamcast VGA cable.

My Dreamcast VGA cable works like a charm its amazing on other tvs. But I haven't tested my pc.. but I guess I should.

mugiwara
rebel

Post#7 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Xiden wrote:Are you using a toro box for your VGA out? I've noticed the Tomee VGA cables and retrobit VGA boxes make weird artifacts on the screen too. You could always connect Dreamcast to your PC monitor and see if the wavy crap is still happening to rule the box out at least.

The Retro-Bit cable works so beautifully at monitors and other TV screens, so I believe its just the hdmi converter but I don't know how to fix it.. or if they even allow me to return it.