Will this cable work??

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: Will this cable work??

Post#11 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Here is the VGA cord https://www.amazon.com/Band-New-SEGA-Ca ... st+vga+box

I have not personally tested any of the VGA to HDMI cables so I would not feel comfortable recommending one to you at this time. I use a VGA to component setup. Maybe another member here will have one incorporated into their setup and can help you with choosing one that is known to work well?

ANFIELD_SCOUSE
lithium

Post#12 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Thanks Gary for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmhouse
lithium

Post#13 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:57 pm

ANFIELD_SCOUSE wrote:
Farmhouse wrote:That thing MIGHT work, but your TV should have come with a cable that looks like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LOHASIC-Female ... e+to+3.5mm

Plug the Dreamcast cable into THAT cable and then plug it into that little YELLOW port on your TV.

Hi farmhouse, when you mean the dreamcast cable do you mean this one or do you mean the one with the 3 different colours at the end Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You plug the regular Dreamcast cables (red/white/yellow) into the cable I linked to and plug THAT into the yellow port on your TV.

Buying a VGA box/ VGA to HDMI box will give you a MUCH better picture, but will cost a LOT more.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:48 pm

I recommend the Dreamcast VGA cable and a VGA to HDMI scaler/converter. The RGB SCART cable is also a great idea if you have a PAL TV. My understanding is that the PAL games do not all support VGA (like "Skies Of Arcadia"). I believe the SCART signal is better supported per PAL game.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#15 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:59 pm

Yeah SCART to HDMI might be something to look into as Dobbs said. we do not have SCART here in the US so I have never used it. I do use the VGA to component method and I like it. If you are looking for the cheapest route you can go with the RF that you pictured. It is bay far the worst quality signal though.