A weird issue.

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Unkeptroadrash
noob

A weird issue.

Post#1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum, but i'm around on other internet forums. So here's my thing. I purchased a used Dreamcast for around $50 and brought it home and it wouldn't read any game. I tweaked the laser and got it to finally read Speed Devils. The problem is, when i hit "Start Race" it will kick me out of the game. I've tried the pins fix, and tweaking the laser but i don't want to go and break the console. Any advice would help.

Thanks! :D

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: A weird issue.

Post#2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:43 am

Do you have any other software to test it with? If not you try burning something like half life or propeller arena. These games can't be bought so if you ever want to play them you will have to burn them anyway.

TacT
Uber

Re: A weird issue.

Post#3 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Also make sure to at least clean the lens properly NOT using alcohol or windex harsh cleaners could damage the lens.
Use a product called Meguiars PlastX, it will renew the optic quality of the lens, and its great for sunglasses and car headlights i guess lol.
Myself and others have fixed many dreamcasts that wouldn't read discs Just by cleaning the lens with this stuff.
Just a TINY bit on a cotton swab, wipe it on the lens, and wipe it clean with the dry end. should help =)

it's still thinking.